Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I have a new Phoenix (with problems)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a new Phoenix (with problems)

If we are talking size and wieght ratio, how about a guy who wieghs under 200lbs taking on a 800lb sportsman. I don't know if you can go with that. Again I think common sense rules and also what you teach your kids. I have a 12 year old boys that loves his blaster but he is 5'9" and growing he looks a little big for the machine already. When they are growing that fast few of us can afford to buy machines every year to keep up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

That was my point. Common sense should be a given. I mean, we don't just throw that out the window because we're driving something other than a quad. How many women have you seen on a big quad and only weigh 100 pounds. Nothing wrong with that, especially if they're naked and riding by my house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Amen to that. Best advice I've heard so far. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

The first Phoenix we received needed valve lash adjustment. It had a very noticable tick in the valve cover. The polaris dealer website has the service manuals online to complete the repair. They should be able to fix it.

Old 01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a service manager for Sears I can say I understand the delay in parts. New machines ususally have a wait on parts as they are being used for assembly instead of repair. In 6 months parts should be readily available. I know it gets frustrating (I get my fair share of cursings) especially when the machine is new, but Polaris stands behind their equipment as well if not better than the rest.Bubba

Old 01-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

horseplay, guess we did get off your subject. serviced a new phoenix today with what sounds like your back firing problem. found the etc switch in the throttle assembly had the tab slightly bent. tweaked it a little and no more problem. we have serviced 2 new ones, but neither sounded noisy in top end. no satisfaction from selling dealer? take it to another and see if they can take care of it. most dealers shouldn't give you a problem even if bought elsewhere.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jeffro206
horseplay, guess we did get off your subject. serviced a new phoenix today with what sounds like your back firing problem. found the etc switch in the throttle assembly had the tab slightly bent. tweaked it a little and no more problem. we have serviced 2 new ones, but neither sounded noisy in top end. no satisfaction from selling dealer? take it to another and see if they can take care of it. most dealers shouldn't give you a problem even if bought elsewhere.
Sounds like good advice.

Just want to add that I dont think that polaris is doing us any service by having products made in China and then just throwing them on the showroom next to their other stuff.

Sure every mfg needs to source their parts in a way that allows them to be competitive price wise etc, but no matter how inexpensive we may think these products are here the amount of us $$$ we are paying is some seriously big $$$ over there.

And when it comes to an entire finished product its only adding more chance for the various parts to have an issue.

I hope you guys get your brand new atv's fixed up right and enjoy the life out of them, but I also hope they have enough life for you to enjoy.

Sorry for the rant, but its been buggin me for a while [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Trailblazer

Latest update on Phoenix:

Dealer called said part could be in by 2/4; I went directly to Polaris who stated that they saw the "rush" order on the part(s) needed and that they are actually en-route (not mine but the entire stock for Polaris) These parts are scheduled to be delivered in the US tomorrow, instead of waiting to catalog the parts Polaris is going to "overnight" the required parts to the dealer upon arrival.

They could tell I was at the end of my rope so they said that they were extending my warrantee for an additional 3 months. It cooled me down a little but I still am not riding!! Ahhh.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
what glitches does a rally have? i never experienced any
go away!!! ive said it once and ill say it again NO ONE in the polaris forum wants you here!!!in the last couple months you have done nothing but start stuff with people!! they are right you are just like a broken record. its all your quad sucks my rallys better your quad sucks my rallys better. jsut shut up!!!!!!