Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

is predator a good woods bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is predator a good woods bike?

The predator and raptor have almost the exact same top speed, the pred gets there a tiny bit faster though, stock the banshees suck bigtime, even bored out all there good for is drag racing, dont even consider a banshee, your be spending more time taking care of the 2 stroke than riding it, besides u want to have FUN right? get a pred or a raptor, i personally like the predator because is made in the US ,its wider and more sturdy, and you get more in a smaller package, good luck keeping the front end down on a raptor, i like the raptor to, but the pred has more than the raptor in a 500 package instead of a 660 package, the tld pred doesnt take well to SOME mods because it comes sock with tmost of the basic mods anyway

good luck with your choice, i would get the Pred or the Rappy if i was u, good luck!!!!

PS for a little less power the Z400 is more comforatble and u can mod it faster than the Pred or the raptor, and its got a class to race in, prolly the most comfy trail quad ot there!!! stay away from the 400ex, if u want more power than your 300EX you wont like the 400

7qs7

Old 02-02-2005, 05:18 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Mod for mod the Pred will kill the Z hands down. I have a buddy that has Raptor not bad for a trail quad, but IMO the Pred has to be the best. You will not beat the suspension on the Pred. I have a 40 tooth rear sprocket on my Pred, and it's hard to beat. The Raptor air box sucks big time, and I think they are tipsy on the trails. Just take a look at the dirt wheels shoot out between the 2. I know you can't always believe what you read. You will not go wrong with the Pred. And they come with douglas rims and maxxis tires. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Range Rover

My experience: I owned Banshee, Raptor and Predator. The Predator stock will beat both others stock. But the Banshee piped in the wide open spaces is killer...NOT good on a trail though, don't even THINK about it! The Raptor is OK on the trail, but Predator is better. Also stay away from the Yamaha 450 for the trail. The 450R does not have electric start nor reverse, both nice to have on the trail. I had far more maintenance problems with my Banshee than my Raptor and Predator combined. JMO

The Predator has been a well kept secret....most folks had no idea how good they are...no one wanted to buy a sport quad from Polaris! Things are changing fast! Predators sales numbers are really getting attention. And more aftermarket manufacturers will be making components in the future. This is the best quad I have owned (of about 10).

Dirt Wheels says that Predatoror Raptor are the best for trails, depending on how much aftermarket cash you want to invest.

Have fun!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Too many kids with big egos on this site.......
I agree.

RAJ,

What's up with the new icon? I was reading 7QuadSport7's post and thought it was yours!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:18 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]OffRder15

RAJ,

What's up with the new icon? I was reading 7QuadSport7's post and thought it was yours!

Thats not good, please read under the icon to see who it is. I changed it for the Super Bowl......the Redneck will be back after sunday!.....lol

Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHAHAHHA muaHAHAHAHHAHA

Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Agreed! I love my 04' Predator. I reaserched quads for 6 months when I bought mine. It is my first quad, I have had it 7 months. It tears up the trails and is unreal in the straights. I looked at the Honda 400ex but it was to small for me and a little underpowerd. The one thing I was really impressed with, is everything that comes stock on her. From the braded brake lines to the Fox racing shocks. Very, very low maintence. The only thing that I need to change on it is the bars, for us big guys you might want a 1' to 2' in riser, with some Renthal's.
I have kept her stock, and with that big 500 it has plenty of power and response. That's my penny thoughts...Good Luck