Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Life Of Polaris Machine ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life Of Polaris Machine ?

Originally posted by: OffRder15
A few Hondas have amazed me in the past. I've seen a few that you would not believe would still be running if you saw how bad they were neglected and how hard and carelessly they were ridden. I honestly feel that no other quad would have lasted through the years of neglect these have. You could not convince me otherwise. But, (here is the big but) I'm talking about a couple of good ol' Honda 300 4x4's. When you think about it, these quads are as simple as it gets and I believe that is why Honda has won a lot of people over on reliability. Their quads were never packed with features. They always stuck with (for the most part) simplicity.

I would not buy a Honda unless I was looking for a good reliable 350cc 4x4, which ain't happining any time soon. IMO they are boring and over priced (except the 450r).

I agree with offrder, the honda's do hold up well. I have see one Honda that a rancher in SD had and it was 450ES and it had 29,000 miles on it and I have two neighbors that have hondas and one has 18,000 on his and the other has about 21,000. I had two hondas and I agree that they are boring. Since I switched to Polaris, I don't think I'll ever own a different brand, ya gotta love the irs.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sdbowhunter
A few Hondas have amazed me in the past. I've seen a few that you would not believe would still be running if you saw how bad they were neglected and how hard and carelessly they were ridden. I honestly feel that no other quad would have lasted through the years of neglect these have. You could not convince me otherwise. But, (here is the big but) I'm talking about a couple of good ol' Honda 300 4x4's. When you think about it, these quads are as simple as it gets and I believe that is why Honda has won a lot of people over on reliability. Their quads were never packed with features. They always stuck with (for the most part) simplicity.

I would not buy a Honda unless I was looking for a good reliable 350cc 4x4, which ain't happining any time soon. IMO they are boring and over priced (except the 450r).

I agree with offrder, the honda's do hold up well. I have see one Honda that a rancher in SD had and it was 450ES and it had 29,000 miles on it and I have two neighbors that have hondas and one has 18,000 on his and the other has about 21,000. I had two hondas and I agree that they are boring. Since I switched to Polaris, I don't think I'll ever own a different brand, ya gotta love the irs.
hmmmm... hard to believe... how many rebuilds and clutches have these gone through

Old 02-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Polaris500HO4x4
Originally posted by: sdbowhunter

hmmmm... hard to believe... how many rebuilds and clutches have these gone through

My neighbors that own the hondas that have 18,000 and 21,000 on them have just done normal maintenance. The one with 29,000 miles I cannot say if it had a rebuild. I saw the odometers on these three machines, why would I lie about it.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Range Rover

I'v got about 50K on a Honda motorcycle, and it still runs perfect and starts up every time. Only been in the motor to adjust the valves and put a clutch in it.