Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Brake Pads Covered Under Warranty!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2000, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called my dealer due to a bad spacer in the rear stabilizer and slack in the lower steering bushing. He was happy to take care of these things for me, AND he says that if the first set of pads wear out before the 6 month manufacturers warranty was up, the manufacturer would replace them with severe duty for free. (That is parts and Labor) What other manufacturer will do this. The only reason they are bad now is abuse.(Mud)

So Far, I have been very pleased with my 2000SP500 and I am impressed with thier service at this point also.

BTW, he said that most of the dealers do not know this. If that call the warranty line and ask, it will be verified.

Hope this helps someone.

Oh, I know Polaris Sucks... why else would the $.75 bushing be out by now. it is difficult, but I am trying to live with the fact that I ride an inferior machine.

Greg

Old 10-04-2000, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

greg

Glad to hear your dealer is taking care of you. I took my wifes tboss in for some warranty work, nothing major, more of a check over. The plastic lower steering stem bushing is getting loose and creating slack in the steering. I asked them to look at the steering because of the slack. They told me that the steer appeared normal to them. I will replace the steering stem myself with an aftermarket bearing. Polaris will get the original back in the mail with friendly note as to what I think of their part . Also, this will be the last time this dealer sees this atv.

P.S. I tried to get the brakes on my 98 Magnum covered under warranty and they wouldn't do it. Different dealer though. I should have complained more.

Old 10-04-2000, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

To be honest, my dealer tried to sell the the $42.95 brass steering bushing. I told him it would be a good idea for Polaris to go ahead and put a good quality bushing in there and junk that plastic bushing. He said polaris would not authorize the up-grade. I said that is fine... they can cover it under warranty and pay the labor every 4 months for the next 5 years.

Greg

Old 10-04-2000, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Greg

You would think that someone at Polaris could do the math and figure out how many much it will cost them to keep replacing this plastic part under warranty every four months and just have an aftermarket bearing installed. With the shop labor rate, it will only take one visit for it to be paid for. Oh well,their money. I have a few weeks left on my warranty and I plan on beating this machine this weekend. If it gets worse, I will take it back next week. The only bad thing is that its a major pain for me to get the machine to the dealer and then go pick it up. I am wondering if I should just shell out the $40 myself and be done with it.

Old 10-04-2000, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 1998 Artic Cat with 27" Vamps and have been mudding for 2 1/2 years, (still the original set of brakes) now that is a good set of brakes.
Thats bragging rights.

Old 10-04-2000, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

i thought that the 2001 models had a bearing instead of a bushing.
greg, was this a fax from polaris that your dealer got about the brake warrentee? will all dealers get this info about the brake warranty? cause if i go in to my local dealer i know they will say "we dont know anything about that, u will have to buy them"

later
jon

Old 10-04-2000, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

I took my Xplorer in a few weeks ago for the loose steering to be repaired under warranty. I told them to put in the good HPD bushing. They did so and charged me the difference. It cost me $19.00 total for the repair .

Old 10-04-2000, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

I took my 99 sp500 in while still under warranty for noisy brakes and they put on new pads and rotors!

Old 10-05-2000, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

I actually have a 2000SP500 which has the old plastic bushing. I do not think there has ever been a letter sebt out about the brakes. You just have to make them call the warranty line. If they are not willing to do that, I would begin looking for another dealer.

Greg