Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Aaen 800 sportsman pipe. Are they any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aaen 800 sportsman pipe. Are they any good?

I just want to know if all the rumors were either fixed or just a rumor.

rattling?
using silicone to seal exhaust leaks?
extremely loud.

I want a new pipe on my quad. I am looking for power gains as well as noise. I currently don't see anyone else offering a performance pipe for me. Any ideas?

Old 01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

I have been looking and researching this as well for my 800. Currently, as of my last look, Hot Seat Performance was still attempting to perfect their true dual exhaust system. Supposed to be out soon for review. I assume you have seen that Aaen abandoned the true dual approach due to their claim that the length of the dual headpipes required to make such a system was problematical for exhaust tuning. See their website if you have not already. As for complaints about their single I have not yet heard any.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have had the power pipe for about a month now and all those rummors are true. For the money, it is not worth it. I am going to call them up today to arrange for a return. The pipe is so damn loud it just is not fun ridding anymore. I really didn't notice any performace gain- just hearing loss. I called them up after a couple of weeks and said it was too loud and they said it is 33% louder over stock but with the spark arrestor kit, it is only 10% louder. I have come to find that this is not true. It is just as loud. Total cost to me was about $409. I was thinking that now with the single set up, I could just get the White Bros performace pipe for the 600 and 700 for just $175. I forgot to mention that the fit of the AAEN pipe is shotty- I had to call upon some creativity to fasten it. I will say that the people at AAEN are very nice and we shall see if they take it back- they better

Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Trailblazer

Aw man, you're killing me. My pipe is coming in today. I hope i notice something of a gain. I too dropped big bucks on this thing. And i had it overnited. They told me they fixed all of these other problems....we'll see.

As for hot seat, look at the sight again and then look in the snowmobile section. I think the dual exhausts they refer to in the "NEW" area are referring to the snowmobile exhausts, not the ATVs.

Here's to hoping this pipe doesn't suck.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Range Rover

The truth of the matter is you are NOT going to see any real increase in power!!

They can’t find any power increase, even on the dyno, where under perfect conditions the smallest increase can be graphed and charted and then be blown out of proportion.

The truth again is a 6 or 7 % horsepower increase will not be felt by the driver due to frictional losses in the drive line. Worse yet in order to realize that little increase in HP, they have sacrificed a broad power band!! And as you racers know that’s were it’s at in a heavy quad or pulling through mud and snow.

Truth is guys these four stroke engines will not respond to a pipe (and that’s all it is, a straight piece of pipe) like two stroke engines, and the reason is a two stroke pipe can be tuned with inverse cones and length determined by sound resonance to a specific rpm and that’s part of the cylinder port timing………… where in a four stroke engine the cam or cams governs cylinder port timing.

Now I am not going to argue that a free breathing intake and exhaust system will yield a horsepower increase, the fact is the exhaust on “this machine” is not the best place to start if you are looking for a power increase. .

What some of these so called speed merchants do is make their pipe louder, hoping to find someone who believes they are going faster because it’s louder!!..........Noise does not equal speed!

I don’t know about you guys ….But I love the sound of these new super efficient, super quiet exhaust cans!!! Can’t wait to blow by someone with one of these and catch the reaction on their face!!

Old 02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

This feedback is a killer. I knew not to trust the dyno graph on the vendors website. Plus, it's at the crank and not the tires. Should i have just stuck with the stock pipes? I'm getting bummed out now. Only 5 more hours till i get my pipe delivered and installed. I hope i get something from the heelclicker clutch kit.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

That is very true the little bit of increase is not worth the noise. I have a Camo 800 and it is very quite and really the power seems dead on, but some nice tips would look nice. Oh my the way nice Bow Tie!!!!!!!!