Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Sportsman 800 Vs. Outlander max 800 LTD???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Sportsman 800 Vs. Outlander max 800 LTD???

I own a 800 max xt and a Polaris 700 efi, actually this is my second 800 max because the first one was stolen last month. When it came time to replace my stolen max I thought I would give polaris a chance since they were coming out with the 800 X2. I looked at a 500 X2 since they did not have a new 800 X2 in stock yet. They are the same machine different engine.
The drivers seat on the polaris X2 and the MAX are both very comfortable, the difference was in the passanger seat. The Max passenger seat is much more comfortable than the X2's.
Also the MAX has a more elevated ride position for the passanger. This is an extremely big deal. The higher position allows for the passanger to be a proactive rider, rather than riding blind! Every passenger I have ever riden on my MAX has commented on this feature. It just makes there experience better. The Max 800 is a super powerful machine, I can't belive I'm saying this, almost too powerful. Not for an inexperienced driver. The machine is very stable, most of the time when we go out, we take both of our ATV's, the Max generally carries two male riders, each about 6' and 215 lb's. This machine never has any problems climbing the steepest of hills. I never even have to use low range. As for the 4wd systems I give the Polaris the upperhand in only one situation, a steep technical rocky incline. The reason for this is because the VISCO-LOK can take up to two revolution of the free spinning wheel before completly locking the front diff. Other than this situatuon the VISCO-LOK is one of the best systems I've ever used. It is great in mud, and it is easier to keep pointed in a single direction than the Polaris AWD system. This is becaus the VISCO-LOK has the ability to lock unlock and relock in any situation allowing the machine to move in the direction you want it to go rather than where the machine wants to go. Remember I have a polaris and a Can-Am so I have used both in every situation. You realyy will not be disappointed with either machine, they are both good products. One more Polaris plus is the storage, it beats the CAN-AM hands down.. I had the opportunity to repalce my 800 MAX with anything on the market, and I chose to buy another 800 MAX!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

stupid-*** BRP...

Old 08-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Why the rude reply???? I think Polaris is a great machine, I own one!!!!! In my opinion I like the Can-Am 2 seaters a little better than the Polaris. As I said Both are good machines, no need to be angry.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

The seats are softer on the 07's and more comfy

Old 08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ncriderforks
The seats are softer on the 07's and more comfy
I agree there....also I saw a BIG difference in specs when i looked closer......The Outty rear suspensopn does NOT hold as much as the Laris'....The Polaris is twice as strong and can support twice the weight....I think no one has noticed this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......Hands down who has the better 4wheel drive and who is more reliable.....Cause this is what it comes down to!!!!..

Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

With my 340 lbs. and a passenger who added an additional 160 lbs. or so the rear suspension barely drooped, but yet the X2 is still a blast to drive single. I still have the back shocks set on the least amount of spring tension and it has a great ride. Good point Dragorus!!! Really, both quads are excellent and it is a matter of preference. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MooseHenden
With my 340 lbs. and a passenger who added an additional 160 lbs. or so the rear suspension barely drooped, but yet the X2 is still a blast to drive single. I still have the back shocks set on the least amount of spring tension and it has a great ride. Good point Dragorus!!! Really, both quads are excellent and it is a matter of preference. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It is a super tough choice for me as I live in a well urbanized area and NO dealers around here will let you ride them......But as of October 1st of this year all 4 wheelers in Florida will be allowed on all dirt roads whether it be state or county....as long as their dirt....Speed limit will be 35mph.......Give a woot woot for florida [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]