Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2000, 08:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg,

I have to agree with you that the SP400 and 500 are the best out there right now, but convincing other brand loyal riders to switch is not easy.

Take for example Yamaha snowmobiles Pre-1997, they barely ever got mentioned in magazines and if they did it was only as a comparison of what not to buy. Then came there new suspension, all of a sudden people started to notice the new Yamaha, but brand loyal riders and mags for that matter found every reason in the world to beat them up much like everybody does to Polaris using the belt as an example. Well guess what it is 4 years (of Production) and everybody is beating their brains out trying to match Yamahas great ride, after nearly every shoot out no matter who wins the same comment is made, it doesn't matter who wins "it's all about the ride".
To get to the point Polaris like Yamaha is ahead of the game (For now) sooner or latter the others will catch up hopefully Polaris will not rest and let the others pass them by.

Just my thoughts
Mud4Me

Old 12-13-2000, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

I have been to the dealer 3 times. 1) bought a 94 sportsman400 2) traded up to a 96 Xplorer 3)traded up to a 99 Xplorer. Then again if you count all the times I went there for acessories/parts I guess it would be a little more.

I find that it is really unfortunate that most dealers/mechanics seem to know less about our machines than the majority of people that own them. This goes for "ALL" brands. It seems to be about as difficult to find a knowledgable salesman/mechanic as winning the lottery. When you do find one and your quad needs service, that good/knoledgable mechanic, is on vacation or sick or on his day off (luck of the draw) and a young student trying to make ends meet on minimum wage ends up causing more problems than there were before you brought it in.

If you do have a good dealer, consider yourself lucky,(mabey buy a lottery ticket) because they are far and few between.

Old 12-13-2000, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

My name says it all

Old 12-13-2000, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

and there is one name that says it all for you
"LOOSER"
when you have something useful to say then come back, other wise go away..do you or have you ever even owned any atv ? your probably a 12 year old meat head that your parents wont buy a quad because your too irresponsible

Old 12-13-2000, 03:46 PM
Range Rover

I really like the smooth ride of the Polaris's, I just don't like the size and weight. I have put a couple of hundred miles on my boses 00'sp500 so please don't say it's because I've not spent time on one. I have rode with alot of sp500, and truly not had problems going everwhere they do.The biggest thing I was looking at when I bought my atv, was the price. I got a really good deal, even though it was not exactly what I was wanting, I have really enjoyed it. Isn't that what it's all about?

Old 12-13-2000, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

i agree its all about fun,no matter what you ride..most of the typical bashing i dont get involved..but this looser has nothing useful to say,hes telling polaris owners to stay out of honda forum and here he is mouthing off..i bet hes mad because mommy and daddy wont buy him a quad for xmas so hes mouthing off in anger..the question is does he even own a quad? he said when he was 10 he had a moped,i bet hes still riding it.stick with your moped until your responsible,damn you cant even use a computer for anything good i could only imagine the image you would give the atv industry if you did have one,your probably the idiot that leaves trash,tresspasses and such..go away and come back when you grow up