Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

exriders Review on the Outlaw 525 with Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exriders Review on the Outlaw 525 with Video

Well, to say they liked it would probably be an understatement...

Jeff Stoess Interview

Ride Action

Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

LOL! SWEET Can't wait till mine gets here!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris is leading the way, The rest will copy like they always do.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: propolaris
Polaris is leading the way, The rest will copy like they always do.
Leading the way eh? By using someone else's engine like they've always done?

We'll ignore the fact that honda released the 400ex 4 years before Polaris' Predator. Or that it was 3 years behind Bombardier's creation of the big bore class, a company that had never sold a sport atv. Maybe we can ignore cannondale, which had an aluminum frame, EFI and good suspension on a quad they also released 3 years before the predator. How about the 660 Raptor released 2 years before the predator, which had time to suffer widespread transmission failures and take a year to fix them. The upgraded version was still released a year before the predator and even with questions about the raptor's reliability managed to dramatically outsell the polaris.

Once the pred was released, it was too big (displacement) and too heavy (weight) to run on an MX track. The 500cc engine made good power, but wrecked many transmissions along the way. It wasn't as plush as the bomb, didn't have reverse like the raptor, couldnt race like the cannondale and EX nor handle as well. So it was between classes, not emerging as a decisive choice for racers or recreational riders.

IRS is a neat idea on a sport quad and Polaris get's the credit for it. But to say the rest will "copy like they always do" is more than a bit dramatic and overstated. IRS is pretty much the ONLY thing someone can agure will be copied in the sport quad world. Time will tell, however, if IRS on a sport quad pans out. The outlaw 500 and 525 have a lot of competition out there.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like someone is jealous of Polaris again!! You look at all the atvs and you can see a little Polaris in them all. Fact. Raptors had tranny problems if you remember. You better believe that Polaris had a say in how the ktm motor was designed.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ok how about the belt drive on a sport quad? I belive Polaris had the 400 sport then a years later kawi has the kfx700 How about just belt drive seems to me that almost all the utes have it now or IRS on them. As far a sport quad they all are coping Suzuki in that area sence they had the first.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris' Rule While The Rest Drool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

i think he hit the nail on the head with rider stamina and the baja races.thats a long race and i think the buzz the 525 is making it will be a contender.i`m not gonna go out on a limb and say it will dominate but i foresee a top ten finish not being a problem with a experienced riders and good crew.

time will tell but polaris hit paydirt with this suspention and quad.that fugi motor just wasn`t cutting it...it was too heavy.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: propolaris
Sounds like someone is jealous of Polaris again!! You look at all the atvs and you can see a little Polaris in them all. Fact. Raptors had tranny problems if you remember. You better believe that Polaris had a say in how the ktm motor was designed.
I hate to tell you this but Husaburg (owned by KTM) built that motor first and then KTM decided to use it in there bikes. And KTM only added reverse. The rest of it is the same as the bike. I will say one thing that thing should rip, I cant wait to get mine, should be here on the 22nd.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

4fitty, where did you get that date? My dealer says that they are all being made up first so that the initial shipment gets to all the level 1 dealers who have orders in, at the same time, the date i had was the 29th but that was for shipping. Just curious... maybe mine will be here the 22nd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!!!

Quick Reply: exriders Review on the Outlaw 525 with Video