Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey Polaris, where's are your 2008 line ups?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Polaris, where's are your 2008 line ups?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: colt2245p

here is what i heard from the rep. smaller 400/450 sportsman/hawkeye. and a new 800 based on the rzr engine tranny which is all made together which will result in a lighter machine. he speculated in the 100 lb range as for weight reduction... but remember these are just rumors. he swears he doesnt know anything untill the dealer show......</end quote></div>

So your saying the Sportsman 400 will or could be back?........Caper.....

Old 07-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4

All I know right now, the Scrambler is very secretive. So it either won't be back, or big changes. And I would believe the latter now with the Renegade 500 out. So I would expect or might I say, expect big changes for the Scrambler for 08.

On a side note, the Hawkeye will no longer be called that, it will be a SP300. I believe this is due as all the Sportsman will have the same style suspension as the Hawkeye or X2 quads, thus all being Sportsmans.</end quote></div>

Right now ALL the sportsmans are on the same frame, so this will change with the smaller SP 300!!!...correct,...Caper........

I can't see the Hawkeye being comparied to a sportsman, There will be a big price increase if there is a Sportsman 300,(on large frame) unless they cut corners like on the smaller Hawkeye now,...ex. smaller no low only F/R/N air/ oil cooled,smaller tires......

Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if nothing come out in the SPORT cat. i will probably get a SP.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4

All I know right now, the Scrambler is very secretive. So it either won't be back, or big changes. And I would believe the latter now with the Renegade 500 out. So I would expect or might I say, expect big changes for the Scrambler for 08.

On a side note, the Hawkeye will no longer be called that, it will be a SP300. I believe this is due as all the Sportsman will have the same style suspension as the Hawkeye or X2 quads, thus all being Sportsmans.</end quote></div>

Right now ALL the sportsmans are on the same frame, so this will change with the smaller SP 300!!!...correct,...Caper........

I can't see the Hawkeye being comparied to a sportsman, There will be a big price increase if there is a Sportsman 300,(on large frame) unless they cut corners like on the smaller Hawkeye now,...ex. smaller no low only F/R/N air/ oil cooled,smaller tires......</end quote></div>

If you look at the rear suspension of the Hawkeye and the X2, there are basicly the same, but 2 different sizes. I hear all Sportsmans will have that same styly suspension, thus all being Sportsmans. Not any different with Yamaha and most of there utilities as Grizzly's.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

I,ll make a prediction ---2008 Polaris Hawkeye 350 with a 20 hp Engine and Sportsman 300 with a 17 hp engine, Just my 2 cents

Old 07-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Range Rover

I read somewhere possibly new frames w/ rzr style front suspension to help lighten them up

Old 07-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Rickeyparker

I,ll make a prediction ---2008 Polaris Hawkeye 350 with a 20 hp Engine and Sportsman 300 with a 17 hp engine, Just my 2 cents</end quote></div>

Hmmmmmmmm.......from what I understand coming back from the local dealer, polaris will keep the hawkeye 300 the same, drop the sp450 and have a hawkeye 400 with low range and better skid plates. I would recon the hp would probably be around 25--30. Just have to wait and see. The dealer did say they feel confident that the sp800 will be a true 800cc displacement (797cc) and have a hp jump to around 60hp. Hope this is true. Talk about a powerhouse puller.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

i just went to the dealer yesterday, and they said that the hawkeye is changing but didnt say how. I didnt ask on the SPs. The predetor will have a new name, so they say. As for the scrambler........polaris might 86 it.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i talked to a dealer today who didnt have any idear whats changing. big secerts i guess. either that they dont have a clue which could belol.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

All this talk of the Scrambler dying depresses me. I hope maybe the scrambler quad and name just dies, and they come w/ a completely new and updated Sport 4x4. I really don't think the dealers know much, or if they do, they won't really tell a consumer the truth. The dealers wanna sell what's in stock, so if they know something better's coming, they'll keep their mouth shut until Polaris has officially released it so they can get rid of as much of their current stock as possible. I still think that w/ Polaris' statement back in january that the 08' model year being the most complete sport model lineup ever, means we've got something to be excited about, I was getting my Jackpot serviced today, and B.S.in' w/ a salesguy to kill time. I told him about the statement Polaris made in january, he tried to tell me that w/ the RZR, Polaris has a complete lineup, well, 2 atvs (outlaw 450 and 525) and the RZR, (which I don't consider an ATV), does not a complete line-up make, also he said that the scrambler is in a niche market, well, isn't the Outlaw a niche-market, an IRS sport quad that (at least the 525) doesn't fit the 450 class. As I see it, when it comes to sport quads, Polaris has always been in the niche markets. I'm mostly trying to convince myself that even if Polaris kills off the Scrambler, they won't get out of the sport 4x4 class, anyway.

Quick Reply: Hey Polaris, where's are your 2008 line ups?