Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

For the Record - What non-Polaris Fluids Can I use??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the Record - What non-Polaris Fluids Can I use??

Noob here. How often do you change oil/tranny/gear fluids in an ATV? I assume the "every 3000 miles" rule would not apply (haha) Every 100 hrs? for oil and every 200 for tranny/gears? just a guess.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

I use Mobil 1 in engine with mobil 1 or purolator oil filter. Use Lucas gear oil in rear case, and stuck with Polaris in tranny and front case.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default For the Record - What non-Polaris Fluids Can I use??"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

I use 0w-40 Amsoil with a Fram CPH6607 oil filter also and in our 97 500 sportsman with 7000 miles. I use full synthetic 75w-90 in my front diff and synthetic snow machine chain case oil in the tranny. The only thing I would use that is Polaris is there Hub fluid or front diff fluid depending on your front drive set up.</end quote></div>

Using a great oil and a lousy oil filter kinda defeating the purpose. Check this study out. http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterStudy.html

Old 09-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I agree with the above poster. Go ahead and still use Polaris fluids/oils but just don't gave that dealer
your business. I know what you mean about some of the techs. Alot of them have attitudes, I think its
just the business. And alot of shops hire guys without lots of exp. to keep labor costs down. I would
be surprised if most shops had more than 1 or 2 Sr. techs.

You can always buy online to avoid the dealership aggrevation. I had to boycott a few local dealers
around here as to WHY I didn't want my AC anymore, didn't guy Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda. Customer
service is poor in my area with those shops. I had to go 2 1/2 hours away to find my Polaris and that
place is great. They really know customer service!

R'

Old 09-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Range Rover
Default For the Record - What non-Polaris Fluids Can I use??"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ohnet

Reading my manual it says to use 0W40 in the engine, are you guys really using amisol 5w30 and having no problems?</end quote></div>

Hmmm. It IS possible to take out a .357 magnum, put one round in the cylinder, spin the cylinder, close it, put the gun to your head, pull the trigger, and have no problems come of it. Does this mean that it is smart?

Never fails to amaze me when people try to see what they can "get away with" for fluids in their Polaris ATVs. To me it is an ABSOLUTE NO-BRAINER. ANY FLUID that I put into my Polaris ATVs ( other than gas) comes in a blue bottle that says "POLARIS" on the side. I'm CERTAINLY not going to gamble with my $7000 machines, and try to see what i can "get away with". We are talking what? $25 extra per year to change all the fluids using Polaris brand fluids instead of some other brand? Think about it.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

on the fluid in the hubs polaris says you can also use type "F" trans fluid. they stick alittle but dont hurt the hilliards + bearings.................

Old 09-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

I may be wrong here but I'm pretty dang sure polaris doesn't manufacture their own polaris fluids. More than likely they buy bulk syn. fluid and put it in their containers. There's always something better out there than factory. I'm sure most of the people here don't have completly stock vehicles without any upgrades (ex: intake, exhaust, programmer, you get the point)

Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: outside2day

I use Mobil 1 in engine with mobil 1 or purolator oil filter. Use Lucas gear oil in rear case, and stuck with Polaris in tranny and front case.</end quote></div>

What's the Purolator oil filter number???

Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

What are the different types of front differential and hub fluid, and what are the differences?

Old 06-07-2021, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default For the record -arogant *** flatlands his flatulence

Originally Posted by jodaanja
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ohnet

Reading my manual it says to use 0W40 in the engine, are you guys really using amisol 5w30 and having no problems?</end quote></div>

Hmmm. It IS possible to take out a .357 magnum, put one round in the cylinder, spin the cylinder, close it, put the gun to your head, pull the trigger, and have no problems come of it. Does this mean that it is smart?

Never fails to amaze me when people try to see what they can "get away with" for fluids in their Polaris ATVs. To me it is an ABSOLUTE NO-BRAINER. ANY FLUID that I put into my Polaris ATVs ( other than gas) comes in a blue bottle that says "POLARIS" on the side. I'm CERTAINLY not going to gamble with my $7000 machines, and try to see what i can "get away with". We are talking what? $25 extra per year to change all the fluids using Polaris brand fluids instead of some other brand? Think about it.
how about the arrogant *** think about why he has to reply about how people amaze him by not wanting to purchase overpriced polaris crap. Idiots like him disgust me. Never ceases to amaze me with all the know it all in this world. World would be a much smarter place without them. 90 percent of the time they wrong and even though they are wrong a 100 percent of the time they'd deny it. People come on here to ask a question they need answers to. They don't come on here to have ignorant people give their worthless opinions about how it never ceases to amaze them why someone would buy other then polaris. I'd classify those know it all as democrats because they don't think you should be able to make a choice. They don't want you to be able to form your own opinion. They tell you what you should do and refuse to answer simple question. Guy was asking about oil alternatives he wasn't asking for the know it all to give him their opinion based off their feelings. Keep your feelings to yourself youd be amazed at what you could possibly learn if you listened instead of being a Holly roller preacher wannabe. Keep you polaris crap oil to yourself. Do you have science backing up your opinion or is it just that a opinion. Because it shouldn't amaze you that people want to save their hard earned money by not paying extra 20 a quart because it says polaris... I know your amazed and need some time for all this to sink in to that thick skull of yours so we'll give you a few to comprehend and let your amazement wear off!!!