Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Post addicts

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Post addicts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mudbug5

Jumbofrank, They stole my bike in 1985, it was a 500 and at the donut shop with a cop car 15 feet from it. He was sitting there eating and reading a book but didn't see a thing. right...Someone stole two of my radio's out of my 1967 chevy pickup so the third radio I put in had single edge razorblades siloconed around back edge, didn't get that one but did leave DNA.....Blood everywhere.

I can't stand theives.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL. DNA everywhere. I bet they never took a sample, and wouldn't unless the guy died or sued you. Cops have never done me any good. They just harrass me for things they think are illegal but aren't. When I was in a car crash last year they made me destroy a $140 knife because they didn't like the way it looks. I found out later that it was 100% legal but it would cost hundreds of dollars to sue the @$$hole. That was at least the second or third knife I had confiscated or destroyed because cops don't know $h!t about the law. Not that even care. Most of them I've dealt with are bullys and criminals. If they ever ask if you have a weapon on you, say no! I use mine as a tool every day, not a weapon, and it wouldn't be a lie. What are they going to do anyway? Shoot me for having a knife in my pocket? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] F@#$in' @$$hole$!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:17 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Post addicts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Flint, MI, the birthplace of GM. It went from being a lumber town to a GM town, to a ghetto, on it's way to a ghost town. Things were okay until 80% of the GM people lost their jobs. Almost everyone around here either worked for GM, or worked at a business where people spent their GM paychecks. A lot of stores closed and were replaced by dollar stores, then they closed too. You know it's bad when people don't have a dollar to spend. The real estate market and everything else tanked becuse you can't buy anything on part-time minimum wage.

Every car I've ever owned was Canadian or American made, and all my quads have been American. I'm part of the solution, not the problem. Every time I see people driving foreign cars and riding foreign quads it pisses me off, because they're all putting more Americans out of work. Buy American, the job you save could be yours or mine.</end quote></div>

Wow thats a real bummer...

Damm you must be pissed at just about everyone...considering even the American cars arent made here anymore. Ok they are assembled here....But so are Hondas and Toyotas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Post addicts

I put in had single edge razorblades siloconed around back edge, didn't get that one but did leave DNA.....Blood everywhere.

I can't stand theives.</end quote></div>

Great idea!!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:34 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Post addicts

Speaking of american made cars.....Ive been working on my bros '72 Suburban for the last few months. Getting it ready to be driven to NC next month..... It is so nice to only grab standard wrenches to work on EVERYTHING.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post addicts

mywifesquad

I think it was Lousiana or Miss. A guy got tired of someone breaking into his house while he was working so he set-up a 12 gauge that was wired to the back door and fired when opened from the outside by a criminal. He got sued because he was not in danger, doesen't matter that the guy was on private property stealling everything possible..

Old 06-05-2008, 11:17 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Post addicts

mywifesquad
I think it was Lousiana or Miss. A guy got tired of someone breaking into his house while he was working so he set-up a 12 gauge that was wired to the back door and fired when opened from the outside by a criminal. He got sued because he was not in danger, doesen't matter that the guy was on private property stealling everything possible..</end quote></div>

If they ever make me king that kinda stuff will be rewarded.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post addicts

Do you still have those bikes? bultaco, montessa ect.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Post addicts

Yes all of them....check out my pic page.

I have a small problem with moderation.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Post addicts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Flint, MI, the birthplace of GM. It went from being a lumber town to a GM town, to a ghetto, on it's way to a ghost town. Things were okay until 80% of the GM people lost their jobs. Almost everyone around here either worked for GM, or worked at a business where people spent their GM paychecks. A lot of stores closed and were replaced by dollar stores, then they closed too. You know it's bad when people don't have a dollar to spend. The real estate market and everything else tanked becuse you can't buy anything on part-time minimum wage.

Every car I've ever owned was Canadian or American made, and all my quads have been American. I'm part of the solution, not the problem. Every time I see people driving foreign cars and riding foreign quads it pisses me off, because they're all putting more Americans out of work. Buy American, the job you save could be yours or mine.</end quote></div>

Wow thats a real bummer...

Damm you must be pissed at just about everyone...considering even the American cars arent made here anymore. Ok they are assembled here....But so are Hondas and Toyotas [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

<u>Lots of American cars are assembled here from mostly American parts</u>. Any car you buy has the origin of it's content listed. There's a HUGE difference between 70-90% American content assembled here, and 10% American content, like the Hondas assembled in Ohio. There ARE choices, and even though they're all assembled here, 90% American parts is still 9 times more than 10% American parts like those Japanese cars. And there are 100% imported cars like the Toyota Prius. Cars range anywhere from 0% up to 90% American. The last 4 vehicles I looked at were all <u>at least</u> 70% American/Canadian. Even the ones with final assembly in Mexico were 70% American made.

The factory I worked in made parts that were assembled in places like New Jersey, Louisiana, and Texas, just to name a few states. Not Mexico, Japan, and Korea. When my plant stopped production it hurt people in several other states too. More and more parts are outsourced to other countries and the assembly lines will be sure to follow. As long as people don't know, or don't care, it keeps getting worse. Someday you will probably have to get everything you own from China, India, Vietnam, and other third-world $h!tholes like that, unless Americans start working for 50 cents a day.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Post addicts

<u>Lots of American cars are assembled here from mostly American parts</u>. Any car you buy has the origin of it's content listed. There's a HUGE difference between 70-90% American content assembled here, and 10% American content, like the Hondas assembled in Ohio. There ARE choices, and even though they're all assembled here, 90% American parts is still 9 times more than 10% American parts like those Japanese cars. And there are 100% imported cars like the Toyota Prius. Cars range anywhere from 0% up to 90% American. The last 4 vehicles I looked at were all <u>at least</u> 70% American/Canadian. Even the ones with final assembly in Mexico were 70% American made.

The factory I worked in made parts that were assembled in places like New Jersey, Louisiana, and Texas, just to name a few states. Not Mexico, Japan, and Korea. When my plant stopped production it hurt people in several other states too. More and more parts are outsourced to other countries and the assembly lines will be sure to follow. As long as people don't know, or don't care, it keeps getting worse. Someday you will probably have to get everything you own from China, India, Vietnam, and other third-world $h!tholes like that, unless Americans start working for 50 cents a day.</end quote></div>

Then why are so many bolts under the hood metric? My wife drives a 00 STS and I dont think there is a standard bolt on it any where. My '92 F350 is almost the same but at least anything that bolts to the engine is standard. First time i noticed the metric bolts was on my 82 Grand Marquis. That engine is now in the B5000 project on my pic page.

Dont want to argue with you but I am very confused.

Quick Reply: Post addicts