Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Most aggressive TRAIL tire?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most aggressive TRAIL tire?

These tires have about 700 miles on them. Lots of snowplowing. Lots of rocky trail, dirt trail, some sand, some mud, some pavement. This is a very tough tire with hard tread, great for rocks and rough trails. It is wearing very well. I should get two to three thousand miles on them before they get half worn, whic is when I'll replace them.

ADDED:

The last pic is of the front tire. The tread blocks look smaller, but they're actually the same size, just that they're squished in toward the center of the tire since it is not as wide as the rear.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Wow, you can't get any better shots than that. Awesome!

Hey what size are your tires? I see the 14"width.

I assume they are 6ply? Have you had to plug any tires?

R'

Old 07-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I have to correct myself. When I said that the tread blocks were the same size just squished toward the center, that was only half right. The V shaped blocks are the same size and spacing front to rear. Its the straight tread blocks that are different from front to back. The fronts are quite a bit shorter than the rear.

R, they are 6-ply, and I haven't had any flats or punctures. I've plugged car tires before and never had them fail. I also have a buddy who rides a Can Am and he has a plugged tire that he puts through everything that I do and it has not failed either. My front tires are 26x8 and the rears are 26x11. The 14" is the rim diameter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Check out this web site. http://www.utvoffroadmag.com/articles/tiretest.html It's a great article on what you're wandering about. The Duro Power Grips beat the competition (seven different tiers were tested). What really counts is getting rid of the stock tiers. Even though Polaris touts their Extreme radial all they really are is extremely flat all the time.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer

Sheepdog,
Did you buy your tires at a local store, or off the internet?

Thanks,

TDAWG
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sheepdogMSP8117

I have to correct myself. When I said that the tread blocks were the same size just squished toward the center, that was only half right. The V shaped blocks are the same size and spacing front to rear. Its the straight tread blocks that are different from front to back. The fronts are quite a bit shorter than the rear.

R, they are 6-ply, and I haven't had any flats or punctures. I've plugged car tires before and never had them fail. I also have a buddy who rides a Can Am and he has a plugged tire that he puts through everything that I do and it has not failed either. My front tires are 26x8 and the rears are 26x11. The 14" is the rim diameter. [img][/img]</end quote></div>