Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris XP aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris XP aftermarket parts

Has anyone found aftermarket parts such as alum. skid plates, A-arm guards etc.
for the Polaris XP's?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

I've yet to find anything. I e-mailed Richochet awhile ago and so far no response.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it usually takes 6 months or better for the aftermarket copanies to catch up to the new models. where these are all new bikes as well.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks HIGHOCTANE and stendori!
Just thought I'd check and see what anyone had found!
How about that rad screen HIGHOCTANE? Any progress on that?

Old 11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

Nah...I've gone back to work and have physical therapy 3 times a week for my shoulder so I haven't even bothered. I've rode all the trails I normally ride,including some unimproved(ie pick a spot and push through the brush and small saplings) and have had no problems I'm sure something could sneek in there but it seems that the shape of the front end,coupled with the brush guard is working pretty well. I'd be most concerned with the sides, the plastic grill is actually pretty hard plastic.

BTW I called Richochet and left them a message,I figure the more demand they hear the more motivated they will be.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

My dealer said that he would let me know if and when Polaris came out with some a-arm guards. When I find out, I will definately let you guys know as well. I just hope that somebody comes out with some soon.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys!
I'll keep looking also and put up a new posting if and when I find something![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Since you titled it generally aftermarket parts I hope you don't mind if I mention the HMF slip on exhaust.
I'm sure most XP owners or owners to be have seen it but for those who haven't.....
https://hmfengineering.com/shop.php?category_id=4332
There is a vid on youtube of the 2 different styles,a side by side comparo.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMrX_U3tSg
">"&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMrX_U3tSg
">&lt;br "&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMrX_U3tSg
&lt;br ">http://...m/wat...6NMrX_U3tSg
</a>
</a>
</a>
The XL is a little louder and according to the vid is a 5hp gain,the regular is suposedly 4hp.
I think they both sound good.
My dealer called them while I was there last week and they said they should be available in a few weeks. Here's the catch they will require a programmer that will add about $279 or so to the cost. From what they told my dealer they are waiting on the programmers from a company so they can dyno tune the exhaust and set up the programmers.
Personally I'm not jumping on the first thing available just yet. With my luck something better would come out the next day. Rumor has it they are working on a pipe as well. Also rumor has it Rath Racing is working on a complete "power up" kit,exhaust intake and tuner ect. I have a feeling the XP aftermarket is going to explode once more machines are out there. The XP is bound to be one of if not the most popular utility ATV yet.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

Hey thats fine HIGHOCTANE!
Any info. we can share is definetly welcome!
I don't do the vids myself,(dial-up)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] but I'm sure many folks will view It!
I also think the XP aftermarket is going explode, and I think It will be very soon as well![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Many of the developers and manufacturers will want to be the first ones to capture as big of a percentage of the market as possible! So hopefully It won't be the typical 6 or 8 months until we start to see it happen![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone ever find anything on the a-arm guards? Looks like I lost a stocker, so It's as good a time as any to upgrade.