EMERGENCY

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMERGENCY

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

i have installed larger fuses many times ,because i did not have the correect ones and never had a problem..my amp is suposed to have a 5amp fuse in it..i am running a 25 amp,anything else blows.truck has not burned up yet</end quote></div>

Yep, I didn't pay much attention to your first post, so I missed it (in a hurry to go riding LOL ). However, I agree with the other guys. You are flirting with disaster by upping the fuse size. You may have been lucky so far, but sooner or later it will catch up to you... hope it doesn't though.

Your stuff... you do what you want, but I wouldn't suggest it to others.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Range Rover
Default EMERGENCY

Okay...i got my .357 Magnum here with me.... I put one round in the cylinder...give the cylinder a spin............put the gun to my head and squeeze the trigger....click....nothing happened!! ......it must be SAFE to put a round in the chamber of my .357, spin the cylinder, point at my head, and sqeeze the trigger.........

Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM
DCT
Banned
Default EMERGENCY

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jodaanja

Okay...i got my .357 Magnum here with me.... I put one round in the cylinder...give the cylinder a spin............put the gun to my head and squeeze the trigger....click....nothing happened!! </end quote></div>

Probably a defective primer... could be a worn firing pin though. LOL

Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EMERGENCY

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Dodge..glad you got it figured out for the most part. Forgive me if I don't sympathize with your disgust towards EFI<u>...pinched wires can take out a carb'd machine too...remember it too relies on electronics to run..</u>

No distibutor, points and condenser these days.

Good luck getting her back in proper working order.</end quote></div>

^ Just in case anyone missed that. ^

If you short it out it doesn't matter if it's EFI or carb. That's why the instructions warn you to not let any wires get pinched.

As far as bypassing fuses goes, well, sometimes you get lucky, right jodaanja? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Does that make it a good idea? Hell no. Find out why it's blowing fuses before you have an electrical fire and have to buy a new vehicle.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default EMERGENCY

Just to let you know, i bigger fuse DOESN"T ALWAYS WORK! i put a 20 amp instead of a 15 amp just trying to get it back to my garage and it got me a little farther but then it still blew it about 1 minute later. had to drag her out with my truck!

Anyways, still trying to figure out the low power.....i'ma workin on it though! And luckily i am VERY low voltage savvy....work with it everyday!

Thanks for all the great info!...and for the bad.....well, lets just hope people use their heads when they are messing with their atvs, and using this forum!!LOL

Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EMERGENCY

Geeesh! some of you guys were starting to sound like my wife. She tells me the same thing 5 times and thinks it will get done faster. I think the first guy got his point across it didnt take 5 patting each other on the back after they talked smack on Spdecat. This thread got twice as long as it needed to be and the OP figured it out. Surprisingly the bad advice helped him get it out.

Glad you got it home dodge33

Old 12-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EMERGENCY

Electrician here by trade..........I just thought I would post my view here if anybody wants to here it.......

When providing breaker or fuse protection the rating of the fuse/breaker is there not only to protect the electronics and devices ...But the SIZE of the wire is also a factor here .......With a 5amp fuse installed from the factory either in a truck/car/boat/ATV/etc... the wire usually can not handle much more than that......
There is a major differance between OVERCURRENT protection an OVERLOAD protection........
Most overload protection can be set at about 125% of the total amp of the circuit......

So just remember if you don't know what your doing with Electrical anywhere ,Home ,car,work,toys....etc...........You may do more damage than you started with.....
Just though I would chime in.......Bye for now ........Caper.........

Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default EMERGENCY

so i did some more research..........i replaced the spark plugs first...the cheapest solution. That didn't do it but now i have brand new spark plugs!
I checked the spark ignition coil and it definitely was it. When i took it off, i smelt the same electrical smell i smelt before the 20 amp fuse blew!
So to anyone that reads this. <u>DO NOT EVER USE A LARGER FUSE!</u> The amp fuse that the factory calls for is the max recommended! I tried a fuse that was only 5amp larger and i fried my ignition coil! Life stinks............get over it right!