Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HD springs (Front)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD springs (Front)

Cool beans blkedoutsprtsman, its nice when you get a price cut from the dealer. I also got that backrest
for $20 cheaper than the listed Polaris price too.

Cheers,

R'

Old 01-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris HD springs are in!!! Very easy and fast!!! As explained remove 4 main brass colored bolts holding rack on. Under the rack on each side where plastic runs on the side of the box are 2 more screws per side. there are also 4 more small screws on the inside towards the headlight they are torx 25 i believe. The box comes off then you undo the strut assembly. easy,easy,easy and put back together the same way!! Easier steering and when i lift the plow almost no sagging!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I assume you compressed your springs with ratchet straps?

Regards,

R'

Old 01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

I just ordered EPI springs for the rear shocks on my bike. I ordered right from EPI (over the phone) and they were $10 cheaper per spring than the price listed on the website ($39.95 each) I am ordering the Polaris HD springs for the front. My trouble on the rear is huge sag when I ride double. My 27" mudlites rub the fenders forcing me to use stock tires anytime I ride double. Anyone know if the rears are as easy to change as the fronts appear to be?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

You'll need compressors or ratchet strap for the rears......The fronts can be done without either.....

John

Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

I see EPI soes not list front springs for mine (05 Sportsman 800 EFI). What is so different on this model???? They cover every other model around it, but mine seems to be all by it's self.
Thanks

Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lovmudd

I see EPI soes not list front springs for mine (05 Sportsman 800 EFI). What is so different on this model???? They cover every other model around it, but mine seems to be all by it's self.

Thanks</end quote></div>

I called EPI for ya and all they said was they didn't have one for the fronts for an '05 800....I didn't really get a reason why or what was different about that year but I did try to get an answer for ya....

John

Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JCDEYO25

I called EPI for ya and all they said was they didn't have one for the fronts for an '05 800....I didn't really get a reason why or what was different about that year but I did try to get an answer for ya....

John</end quote></div>

John, thanks for checking for me, it seems strange Polaris made a different strut for just this model.
I'd sure like to know what is so dfferent about this specific model, that it's all by it's self.
You would think something could be modified to make another model fit, if you knew what was different about it.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Cool, RolliePollieOllie (must have kids using that name, LOL) let me know how the Polaris HD in the front
mixes with the EPI for the rears. If you experience the trail ride of "Awesomeness!", LOL then I may
follow suit.

Regards,

R'

Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer

I will let you know. Probably about a week away from getting them.

Quick Reply: HD springs (Front)