Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I need pictures of a 1994 2x4300 polaris carb, air box

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need pictures of a 1994 2x4300 polaris carb, air box

I've got this 1994 Polaris 300 2x4 and the damn thing ain't right, i can get it to idle but it chokes and dies when you whack the throttle I'm pretty sure since the air box is missing that there is a vacuum issue someplace i just need to see a good working set-up to work off of. thanks Jordan.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

Go to www.partsland.com and pull up the micro-fisch...

Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

as helpful as i found the site it can't show me what i need to see, What i have are three lines im not sure lead to the right place, i have one coming out above the dipstick from the trans, i have one coming out of the right side of the carb,if you are sitting on the bike, also i have the one out of the float, the one i am having problems with it the one coming out of the right side there is no airbox, just some gay k&n style filter on the end, i didn't know if there is a vacuum line on the airbox or what also on the same line there is a t that is what is throwing me off the most, the t off, what is it supposed to t off too.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 300polairs

as helpful as i found the site it can't show me what i need to see, What i have are three lines im not sure lead to the right place, i have one coming out above the dipstick from the trans, i have one coming out of the right side of the carb,if you are sitting on the bike, also i have the one out of the float, the one i am having problems with it the one coming out of the right side there is no airbox, just some gay k&n style filter on the end, i didn't know if there is a vacuum line on the airbox or what also on the same line there is a t that is what is throwing me off the most, the t off, what is it supposed to t off too.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All tubes are free air vents,just route up away from water entry! The trans has a vent also,bottom of carb is overflow vent,if it leaks then you need to address carb problems. If you need complete air box assy,can be costly unless can find on e-bay or salvage yard. Parts include box,plastic cover,outer metal cover,inlet duct,plus carb to box adapter,wingnuts and studs,PLUS stock filter and prefilter. NO vent goes to air box. Good luck PS T-fitting went from one way check valve at bottom of carb back to carb vent. You can discard as most of the time it doesnt stay connected any way!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

So i don't have a vacuum problem? i CAN get the quad to run, it will run on choke, at a high idle or if i pump the throttle. it doesn't like to idle but if I'm lucky it will for a while, but if i let it wind down enough to put it into gear, it'll cut out, its pushing a lot of gas out of the intake of the carb, mostly gas, it seems as if it may be coming out of one of the three small holes inside the big hole where the air filter goes on, please pardon my ignorance I'm not too good with terminology when i pull the plug it gets fuel on it. oh and I didnt put the oil in the oil tank i just mixed the gas 40:1 will that cause problems?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 300polairs

So i don't have a vacuum problem? i CAN get the quad to run, it will run on choke, at a high idle or if i pump the throttle. it doesn't like to idle but if I'm lucky it will for a while, but if i let it wind down enough to put it into gear, it'll cut out, its pushing a lot of gas out of the intake of the carb, mostly gas, it seems as if it may be coming out of one of the three small holes inside the big hole where the air filter goes on, please pardon my ignorance I'm not too good with terminology when i pull the plug it gets fuel on it. oh and I didnt put the oil in the oil tank i just mixed the gas 40:1 will that cause problems?</end quote></div>

Hopefully my pm will help you!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

clean the carb.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the time on these old 2strokes when it acts like carb problem it turns out being a engine compression problem.
I would check the compression while you are at it.Needs to be 100psi+