Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Sportsman 500

um, i havent had time to try but im going to do it tommorow

Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Am am having the same issue. But I can get my running. After it is warmed up it doesn't want to stay running unless I give it gas. Before I started having this problem I could pull my choke all the way out and it would stay out. Now I pull it and it doesn't stay out. I have checked the cable and the cable is working and is fine. I took the carb out and noticed the choke was closed. I don't quite understand how the choke is suppose to work..im guessing its vacuum because the cable is not hooked to the slide block. I inspected the diagram and it appeared to be fine. I did smell a lot of gas and noticed the was some on the floor. After further inspection it appeared to be coming form the carb. Also when I took the carb out, I noticed a clear rubber line about an 1/8 in diameter with what appears to be a small round check valve on it that has "vacuum" printed in it. It was just sitting there underneath the float bowl not connected to anything. Any ideas on the choke and check value issues?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

i wish i could help you with that but i am always riding and dad does the work but now he is gone and i am trying to figure out the stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. and by chance could you tell me how to get to the spark plugs and carb?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nopes67

Am am having the same issue. But I can get my running. After it is warmed up it doesn't want to stay running unless I give it gas. Before I started having this problem I could pull my choke all the way out and it would stay out. Now I pull it and it doesn't stay out. I have checked the cable and the cable is working and is fine. I took the carb out and noticed the choke was closed. I don't quite understand how the choke is suppose to work..im guessing its vacuum because the cable is not hooked to the slide block. I inspected the diagram and it appeared to be fine. I did smell a lot of gas and noticed the was some on the floor. After further inspection it appeared to be coming form the carb. Also when I took the carb out, I noticed a clear rubber line about an 1/8 in diameter with what appears to be a small round check valve on it that has "vacuum" printed in it. It was just sitting there underneath the float bowl not connected to anything. Any ideas on the choke and check value issues?</end quote></div>

sounds like you need to clean your carb. the idle circuit is probably clogged up and now the choke circuit is getting that way too.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: POLARIS NOOB

i wish i could help you with that but i am always riding and dad does the work but now he is gone and i am trying to figure out the stuff [img][/img]. and by chance could you tell me how to get to the spark plugs and carb?</end quote></div>

you need to get your owners manual or a shop manual. for somebody that doesnt really know a whole lot about these machines it is the easiest and most cost effective solution to fixing your own problems.