Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ADC binding up, any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what to tell you as far as fixing it yourself. I'm pretty mechanically minded with a full machine shop at my disposal, but after looking at the mess the ADC created I was dang glad Polaris stood behind it. The service Tech at Guy's said that the pump and the clutches were so far gone that the parts to rebuild the unit would cost more than buying a complete unit and installation.

You didn't say what year your 700 was but I would see if you could get Polaris to spring for it as warranty issue. I've seen other threads complaining about ADC issues, so I would think Polaris is aware they have a problem and address it.

As far as Guy's goes, I've had issues in the past (6x6 parts, service and support) but so far this time around they've been pretty good. I would like to see some other competion (Bud's included) around the area though, just to keep them honest.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info on the ADC.
I have a 2008 Sportsman 700 X2.
I finally got to talk with the mechanic at Guy's. He told me air in the fluid will cause a loud ratcheting noise. He said it is common for the ATV mechanic to get in a hurry when adding ADC fluid and air gets in. It must be bled properly. He showed me how to get the best results. Polaris does not consider it a problem on the 2008 but a lot of 2008 owners do.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by sportsman rocks
I here there is a new fluid called “Demand Drive Plus” its formulated for all the ADC unit. I would triy this new fluid and see what happens. Im going to call my dealer and see if they think I should change both my ADC fluid with the Demand Drive Plus, I have LT Demand in there now and is still working fine.
Guy's told me the demand plus fluid was not for the 2008 700 ADC. He said the newer ones have the front diff and ADC together and use a "newer" fluid.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Pro Rider

Front end oil, Demand Drive, and ADC fluid are 2 differant oils.
You don't put front end oil in your hydralic ADC system.

Looks like Demand Drive Plus, a new oil is made to use in the front end and also the ADC hydralic system? Can't imagine a hydralic fluid in a gearcase.