Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OK HO lets have the low down :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
Did you hear back from the dealer on that Red Outty yet?
To tell the truth, he called once when I wasn't home, but never Emailed me back. Just never pursued it any farther, not sure why. I like the power of the Outty, but never really cared for the rest of the machine. Feel the same way about the AC 950. Just personal preference I guess.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

I wonder why there are 8 "guests" on this thread? Is that normal?

Old 09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
To tell the truth, he called once when I wasn't home, but never Emailed me back. Just never pursued it any farther, not sure why. I like the power of the Outty, but never really cared for the rest of the machine. Feel the same way about the AC 950. Just personal preference I guess.
I hear you. I said before I likely would have never bought one if Polaris had came out with the 850 X2. But after riding the Max,and looking at it alot closer than I ever had in the past, I would have no regrets if they come out with the 850EPS X2 tomorrow. It really is personal preference....both great machines and both have their positives and negatives.

I don't think there is anything else I can contribute to this thread. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything,really. I just don't like to be accused of trying to mislead anyone or I would have stopped posting long ago.

As far as the guests viewing the thread..who knows and who cares? Some are likely people who have posted here and got the new post e-mail and clicked on it and weren't logged in.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by countryboy8602
LOL. My my my how busy we’ve all been here over the weekend. Yep, all of 15 years old Guard lol. I did like the Polaris promo videos though, know where I can get a copy? Probably from the same supplier you get your naked Can-Am Fireman’s calendar from.

The rest of the world knows the Can-Am is faster?? Where…. Deerlick Newfoundland … population 17 (2 Can-Am owners and… the rest of your family). Tell me bye, jos where dos a guy get dat dere Can Am in Newfoundland and Labrador now, an how much doo dey sets you back bye?? Lol

Ok Ok, in some videos you might be a quad length faster, being as they both put out the same power, strip of the XP’s 14” rims, strap on a beer can frame to equalize the weight, then what’ll the results be? One other thing, “arm ripping acceleration” the Can-Ams do not have, unless of course you’re comparing it to the lobster boat across the road from your house. Saw the pic you posted, man riding that boat must be just like riding your mom and dad's 4 door Crown Victoria on Saturday night with the boys!
Wow...bad day at JR high...??? LOL. How is it that complete strangers with no prior exposure to you, all arrive at the same conclusion that you're a 15 yr old ( Hint...it's your online demeanor ). Quad envy appears to be a very potent virus and you appear to be badly infected.LOL.
To get real, man. I am not knocking the Xp at all. I beleive it's probably the best product they ever released ( atv's anyway). I say that despite never even sitting on one. However, I bought the Can Am for a reason. If I wanted a bike with a plusher ride at slower speeds I would have looked at the Polaris as I have no doubt that it's smoother at slower speeds. (Instead I'm stuck with my Outty and I'll have to soften up the suspension and gain a pile of weight). Yes I did quote the MF with the 1 sec to 60mph faster thing. But ask around...the 09-10 are faster than older models...and why not, they have 9 more HP. Maybe you take it as a blow to your quad ego that a 2 up 800R will out haul a single seat XP850 ( Acceleration,top speed,throttle response ). Yes...the Max 800r is a boat...a speedboat. I only got my hands on 2 dozen lobsters this summer by the way ( no lobster boat...should have taken the Outty...she would have got em fast ). By the way your newfie accent sucks "eh". I bet your " Mudder and Fadder were Brudder and Sister". I almost like you...but feel sorry for you instead. I honestly think you should go around telling everyone you know that the XP 850 is faster/more powerful etc than a 09-10 800r...let me know how that works out for ya. LOL.

PS: I'm going to have a few drinks and have relations with my hot wife...have fun with your poster. In the immortal words of Bob and Doug Macenzie..."take off Eh"...you Hoser( it's a Canadian thing)

Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

FYI, LaMigra and CC1999 tested the 800R single seat against the 09 850XP, along with other quads including the Griz and a modded BF 750. They concluded that the BF modded, the 800R with a pipe and a stock 850, all within 1/2 to one quad length.

"and the Sportsman is every bit as fast as a stock Outlander 800R EFI. I was really impressed how quite, and smooth the power band was through out. The Polaris starts off a little slow in the low range, but quickly comes on mid to top range, excellent job. I can never say again Polaris and performance do not go together."

"Sportsman 850EFI EPS (stock) vs Modded (after market pipe) Outlander 800R EFI
The Outlander 800 easily won each time by 1 or 1/2 quad lengths.
If the Outlander 800R were bone stock, the race would have been closer if not tied each time. Results very similar to the Modded Brute Force 750."

This coming from a guy who loves the CanAms and never thought much of the Polaris's.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe I do have something else to contribute...1 thing good for the Outty,1 thing not so good...
Good for the Outty first lol..I turned the shocks all the way down on the Outty Max this evening and went for a trail ride...and it is IMO just dang near just as plush as the XP is and just as good at soaking up the bumps,roots small downed trees ect. Granted I do have to give some of that to the Max's longer wheel base. But changing the preload made a big difference with respect to plushness.
The not so good... with the 14" ITP wheels and 26" BH's I can tell a pretty big difference in acceleration over the stock tires and 12" wheels. Doesn't have quite as much pep in it's step,no brainer right...well it still feels stonger than the XP(with like tires and 14" wheels) but not by as much as it did with the 12" wheels/tires for sure.

Roofer...we can quote guys all night long back and forth...
Originally Posted by Polaris700

08 Brute 750i 1100 miles., UNI filter, 28" swamp Fox on 12" Douglas Rythm wheels. Rest is bone stock. 150lb rider
09 Outty 800R 50 miles, 28" Zillas on 14" 212's. Rest is bone stock. 270lb rider
09 Sportsman 850XP 450 miles, stock tires. All stock. 200lb rider

All runs were roughly 170-185 yards. Hard paved flat road.

800R vs 850XP. 800R would jump 1 bike length off line and pull to 2 bikes at finish.
800R vs 750i. 800R would jump 1/2 bike at start and pull to about 1-1/2 bikes at finish.
750i vs 850XP. 750i would jump 1/4 bike at start and the 850XP would pull pretty much even before finish.

We ran several times on each bike and then we swapped up riders and tried again. All runs were pretty much the exact same result. There was a 08 700 Grizzly there also but we all called the mercy rule after 50 feet because he was so far behind there would be no catching up.

What is the point. Even if the XP were as quick and fast..that isn't everything right? Both are great machines....let your ego go. You have mentioned before how the Outty being quicker,oh and that was a 650, bothered you. Let it go man. Doesn't matter. You have a fine machine.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
Even if the XP were as quick and fast..that isn't everything right? Both are great machines....
Right, but I wasn't talking to you.

It gets old when the Outty owners constantly say that their machine is the fastest on the planet, that's all.

BTW, did you realize who I was quoting?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

And here's another one from Aurora Wheelers (albeit not the "R")......

""I know why Polaris went with the 10 second race. Ok I have some GOOD news for you guys. I just got home from a ride on the 8fitty. My 850 has 7 psi all the way around and 10.4 hrs on the engine. I had my buddy Tim on his 07 Outty 800 XT with 26 xtr with 9 psi in all four. He is 270 and Im 310. I think the total weight (machine and rider) is 80 lbs more on the 850

Race results
same flat paved road I do all my testing on.

1 He got the jump on the line but the 850 realed him in and passed him at about 55-60 mph

2 perfect start. He pulled about 2 feet from 0-10 mph stayed even untill about 30 mph and then the 850 would start pulling away from the Outty. And the results were the same for every race after that.

One more thing I pulled 74.8 mph today so its getting better""

Being the power output is now the SAME, whoever weighs in at the most will likely lose the race more often than not, pretty simple math isn't it? There you go, take your own advice HO, who cares. Roofer there's nothing you can do to convince an Outty owner that they'll lose in any category to anyone.

Guard who you trying to kid? There's no such thing as a HOT woman in Newfoundland, get off the rock and you'll realize that 350 pound women aren't all that attractive. Sure that isn't Rita McNeil you aren't rolling around in the bay with?? Ever wonder why she had to shoot water out the top of her head every time she came up for air? LOL. 15 year olds can be quite mature in some areas, you know what the definition of a 15 year old is in Newfoundland right.... "married, divorced and paying child support for 3 kids"! Quad envy...lol, if I was envious of you and your Tin Can-Am I'd own 2 of them, 1 for pulling the lobster barge and the other to park my Grizzly on. Hey, I'll still buy you a Moosehead, as long as you take me for a ride on your boat, wouldn'd mind going for a cruise on that lobster boat of yours some day too! LOL!!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

[quote=HIGHOCTANE;2849802]Maybe I do have something else to contribute...1 thing good for the Outty,1 thing not so good...
Good for the Outty first lol..I turned the shocks all the way down on the Outty Max this evening and went for a trail ride...and it is IMO just dang near just as plush as the XP is and just as good at soaking up the bumps,roots small downed trees ect. Granted I do have to give some of that to the Max's longer wheel base. But changing the preload made a big difference with respect to plushness.

I have a stupid question, does your 800 adjust like my XP? using the adjusters on the spring? I don't understand how that will make the ride either softer or harder, does it not just raise the spring up (and the quad with it)with out compressing it any more or less?, it would have to bottom out on the shock to change the compression? I always assumed all it would do is raise the front end up so it had more travel, as the spring doesnt have any resistance to preload against. Or do I have this all wrong??

Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

Oh ya and I'm Not throwing my hat in the ring on this thread lol, just a friendly question from a newbie quad rider LOL