Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris spring spacers Sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the rubber spacers on a few of my quads over the years and like someone wrote it was the best $12 I ever spent.

I did it to prevent the front from sagging so much while plowing snow and to eliminate nose-dive in moderate speed corners.

Install them in the middle of the spring.

To really toughen things up I put 2 sets on each side up front and it was perfect for my needs on my old X2!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Also a few other thoughts to keep in perspective and HDDOP, hit it right on and that is the type of riding and terrain you do. To be honest when I made my front HD Spring Mod it was for the Snow plow reasons and to address the common Sportsman "Sag". But never for the life of me would I suspect that my rear was not set and when I sit down the rear squats too much and the front is noticeably higher. I had NO idea about the center of gravity thing when it came to the mountain trails. Again many factors contributed to my spill but please please address both when you improve one or the other.

Your situation could be mine or HDDOP's with the rear. So make certain your configurations (riding weight+cargo weight ratios to spring adjustments) are right and your overall center of gravity is dead on.

Sorry for the repeated advise, but I think its something never talked about in these threads. I think I need to do more with mine, EPI's or something.

Regards,

R'

Old 12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
I never knew they made spring spacer that could be installed without taking anything apart,where do they sell them?
I installed HD springs on the back but it would not hurt to firm the front up abit as well.
Lots of places sell them, any dealer, ebay, etc...this was a quick google.

Coil Spring Spacer from Polaris ATV Accessories & Apparel 2006