Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

550xp shreeded belt

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my dealer tried to sell me a $60 "Spal" built Fan for $320, I lost all respect for them.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancherAT
That's a rather pointed thing to say. Let me guess....you're one of those fellas that likes to sit up to their armpits in mud while they rock the ATV back and forth, trying to see if you can make it through 100 yards of the stuff? And then when your ride breaks down you scratch your head in wonderment and demand that a warranty covers it?!
Firstly my friend, you have no reason to be upset at my comment. Secondly....if you must know, I enjoy riding two-track trails out west. Uphill, dowhill, lot's of curves and mild technical stuff. Some mud is fine (but not goofy man-made mud-bogs or pits where my tires are performing more like paddle wheels on the Mississippi....that's what boats are for). I'm not a fan of rock crawling either....but I can understand why some are.
You want to ride in mud? It's your business....have at it. But at the same token I would hope you would allow me my opinion on the subject.
Don't really get the mud thing either I gotta say. What's up with driving your machine into a man made water filled hole to rock it back and forth. I guess some find that fun. I ride through deep mud sometimes because I have to to get to the other side of the trail......and avoid it when I can. It's fun in short sections, but I certainly don't go looking to swim around in it.

I know a guy who bought a new XP850 and within two weeks buried it in a deep mud hole and basically ruined the machine. Cost him over 3K in engine work, between parts and labor. He seriously tried to blame it on Polaris and wanted warranty to cover it. They laughed at him.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Range Rover

Ride the foothills of the Blue Mtns in Eastern Washington Trails are dry and rocky very little mud {the dry side of Wa. state!!!}There are river crossings tho.. Everything still original although the tires are getting close to bald. Can't get thru much snow anymore...
It helps that I,m retired and probably ride 5 days per week all year long...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by snosnake
Wow. Could only dream of that kind of time to ride.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds awesome Snosnake. Please post some pictures if you ever have a chance of the area.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by snosnake
Ride the foothills of the Blue Mtns in Eastern Washington Trails are dry and rocky very little mud {the dry side of Wa. state!!!}There are river crossings tho.. Everything still original although the tires are getting close to bald. Can't get thru much snow anymore...
Hey snake....I'm on the wet side of the state....just wondering the name of the area you ride and how many miles of trails you have to enjoy? I would love to drive over and spend the day riding in dry weather. Send me a PM so we don't take this thread off topic too far.
Thanks...dying to find places to ride!

Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by FunRide
Don't really get the mud thing either I gotta say. What's up with driving your machine into a man made water filled hole to rock it back and forth. I guess some find that fun. I ride through deep mud sometimes because I have to to get to the other side of the trail......and avoid it when I can. It's fun in short sections, but I certainly don't go looking to swim around in it.

I know a guy who bought a new XP850 and within two weeks buried it in a deep mud hole and basically ruined the machine. Cost him over 3K in engine work, between parts and labor. He seriously tried to blame it on Polaris and wanted warranty to cover it. They laughed at him.
FunRide,
Yep....it's kind of strange to me. I too don't mind going through sections of mud and shallow water if I must....but to see what those mud-bog fellas do truly perplexes me. To each his/her own....but I would not enjoy that and I would be very concerned about damaging my nearly $10k ATV for nothing more than playing in mud. I get a thrill out of twisty trails with occasional obstacles....hill climbs (not crazy steep though)....and great views of the landscape. Leaning and turning, standing up when needed, ducking the tree branches, crawling over logs....I love that stuff! Two to three feet of mud/water? No thanks....unless it's just a quick creek crossing I'm not a fan.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Get stuck down here in 2 to 3 ft and one of these will get you out quick!

Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

OK, That would cure me. Maybe thats what shredded his belt.