Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

That Polaris Feeling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That goes for anybody because they will not drop a penny.

Old 03-13-2001, 02:18 AM
Range Rover

a real man rides the right hole it's the sissy that rides a honda

Old 03-13-2001, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

They cost more only in Canada. Both the Ruby and the HO are the same price in the states. As for getting less. That's only an opinion. I feel I'm getting more with the Honda due to reliability and Hondamatic transmission. And that's my opinion. All the features of the Polaris mean nothing when the don't work. Example: Polaris has poor brakes ask anyone. 2-4WD switch seems to always have problems mine not excluded. And the IRS is not the greatest set-up for work. It's more suited to the trails.

Don't get me wrong. I think Polaris makes a fine quad but they far from perfect. If you like Polaris great. That's your choice. But don't try and brag about your Polaris because we all know they aren't perfect.

Old 03-13-2001, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

"Better suited for tails riding" you mean that stuff we do 99.99% of the time?If the IRS bothers some people there is the Magnum 500 and I imagine that one is $2500 cheaper!

Old 03-13-2001, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I believe that all manufacturers have their pros and cons. If you are going to ride in the mud, you are going to have problems.

But, I also believe that the SP500 is the best all round bike you can buy. A stock SP500 will hang with a highly modified Honda in the mud most of the time. Then you can take the same bike to the mountains and it will out perform most anything on the market on rough trails. You don't have to change tires, remove lifts, and remove lockers in order to do both... and you can have your wife/GF on the bike with you and it is comfortable enough for an all day ride. I do believe that overall, the Honda will be more reliable and will probably have a higher resale, but the ride comfort, ground clearance, true awd is worth it.

I do understand where you are coming from when you talk about "That Polaris Feeling" My bike is completely stock now, but when it was modified, there was no other bike on the market that could touch it in the mud, and the Honda riders were very aware of that. That does not mean they were really envious of the SP500. They chose their Hondas for many reasons. The #1 reason for the most part is reliability.

Some people drive corvettes.. some people drive Toyota Avalons. Both are awesome cars. Both are probably pretty reliable. Of course the Toyaota will probably hold up better over the long run. Who has the better car? I guess it depends on what is important to you.

Greg

Old 03-13-2001, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

I too agree with the original post. You have to admit one thing: When ATV'ing alone it does not really matter what you ride...as long as you ride. But, when ATV'ing among others, the "human competition factor" is instinctive.

Sportsman riders get "that feeling" when coming across big mud or rough terrain just as a Banshee rider gets that dominant feeling once he sees sand. It's all normal and all in fun...usually.

I get that feeling once in a while: Xplorer in huge mud or rocks. Scrambler in slick woods trails. But put me in front of some jumps or whoops and that feeling dissapears... I pass the feeling on to my riding buddy!

Brian