Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'03 Sportsman 600 Twin CDI

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '03 Sportsman 600 Twin CDI

Hi Guys,

Its been a while since I posted. My bike is dead and I found the service manual for it. I have tested everything(within specs on all items) and it looks like I am going to need a new CDI for it. I have read that there was a newer model for it because of issue(s) with the older units. My stator tests out ok so I am not going to drop $450+ on a kit. Where should I look for the correct part number(s) for the available CDIs? Any and all help is appreciated!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cdi is no longer available from polaris for those machines. The kit that all the electrical components sub up is about all you can do(unless you can find a used one somewhere) The new kit includes stator, flywheel, cdi, voltage regulator, etc. It's a good price for all that you get, but still a lot of money. I hate to say it but you have very few options imo.

I have an independant shop that I get a lot of harley parts from and he currently needs that kit. The availability on it right now through polaris is "Past Due" so it could be some time before they are available again.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Cypher
Hi Guys,

Its been a while since I posted. My bike is dead and I found the service manual for it. I have tested everything(within specs on all items) and it looks like I am going to need a new CDI for it. I have read that there was a newer model for it because of issue(s) with the older units. My stator tests out ok so I am not going to drop $450+ on a kit. Where should I look for the correct part number(s) for the available CDIs? Any and all help is appreciated!
Get the kit,DON'T waste your time and money locating a used Ducati coil/cdi pack,it will just go out! I replaced at least seven or eight kits before I retired,earlier on coil packs could be bought,but as stated above NLA. Good luck OPT