Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2 stroke ATV with Modern suspension and Liquid cooled

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
unbelievable. what difference does it make if its a quad or bike. a 4 strokes deep "bark" carries twice as far, look it up. while you're at it you can do some research on track closures because of the 4 stroke noise. and you might not like the sound of 2 strokes, but they cant be heard from as far away. i was miles away from a motocross track when the quads were running and i can hear them clear as day. never heard the 2 strokes from that far away

somewhat true-

2 strokes are louder - when closer db wise. for example, you may be able to hear a 4 stroke 1/2 mile in a trail, but put both together 100' from you, and the 2 stroke will cry way above the 4.

My house is in the middle of trail heaven- the low hum of a 4 stroke goes unnoticed, the whine of a 2-stroke fills the house when they pass through.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

I wonder who is hated more?

Jimmy Lewis at DR?

or

Jody Weisel at MXA?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:19 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
4 strokes(and their noise that carries farther) has been the reason a lot of mx tracks have been closed..

Ive always wondered why the loudest bikes are always Yamaha's ... doesnt matter if its a 2 or 4 stroke.. YZ's are always loud..

yammy's are very loud- my bud's grizz thumps the chest from 15' behind- but it smells better than a 2 stroke

Old 09-16-2011, 04:20 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by beergut

the low hum of a 4 stroke goes unnoticed
Low Hum? everyone must run stock exhausts for it to be a low hum..

speaking of a low hum...

oh forget it..

Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

yammy's are very loud- my bud's grizz thumps the chest from 15' behind- but it smells better than a 2 stroke
not a 2 stroke running bean oil...

Old 09-16-2011, 04:23 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

they do run dirtier... but are you telling me they arent epa legal?
forget when- but all manufacturers signed an agreement to phase out 2-stroke motor production with the gov a while back- just like how the gov mandated detroit up their milage per gallon of gas by the year 20?? (I forgot the year)

Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

in my sportsman 800 thread you either A: didnt read what i said properly or B: twisted what i said to make it seem like i meant something else. too bad they had to close the thread..... so tell me do they not make 2 stroke boat motors anymore?
nope- you couldn't stick to one premise or the other- all I did was keep asking you questions that you already posted- then you'd give a different answer every time- one contadiction after the next- many had a good laugh over it.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Low Hum? everyone must run stock exhausts for it to be a low hum..

speaking of a low hum...

oh forget it..
for lack of a better word-

"low rumble" you could say

Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope- you couldn't stick to one premise or the other- all I did was keep asking you questions that you already posted- then you'd give a different answer every time- one contadiction after the next- many had a good laugh over it.

thats the thing, they werent contradictions... you read them differently then you were supposed to. you were accusing me of say the the 500 runs as good as the 800 and i never said that

Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

for lack of a better word-

"low rumble" you could say
But it must be a stock exhaust.. or a aftermarket one that is quieter than stock.. dont think they sell many of them here in Ca..

I personally love the sound of a Banshee on the gas ripping a dune to shred's...

Or my CR500 climbing a hill..

Quick Reply: 2 stroke ATV with Modern suspension and Liquid cooled