Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2 stroke ATV with Modern suspension and Liquid cooled

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I'm talking quads, as the original post spoke of going from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke. If you put the same pipe on a 2 stroke as a 4 stroke the 2 stroke will put out more of an annoying high pitched scream. I've been on both 250s with 2 strokes and 4 strokes. No way is a 4 stroke noisier or less irritating to me. I can hear a 2 strokes distinctive whine for miles on a quiet day. A 4 stroke is more of a rumble. Low and not harsh on the ears. You have your opinion, I have mine. If I still had 250s in 2 and 4 stroke, and a decibel meter I'd check it out, but I know what my ears tell me.

unbelievable. what difference does it make if its a quad or bike. a 4 strokes deep "bark" carries twice as far, look it up. while you're at it you can do some research on track closures because of the 4 stroke noise. and you might not like the sound of 2 strokes, but they cant be heard from as far away. i was miles away from a motocross track when the quads were running and i can hear them clear as day. never heard the 2 strokes from that far away

Old 09-16-2011, 03:46 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

4 strokes(and their noise that carries farther) has been the reason a lot of mx tracks have been closed..

Ive always wondered why the loudest bikes are always Yamaha's ... doesnt matter if its a 2 or 4 stroke.. YZ's are always loud..

Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
4 strokes(and their noise that carries farther) has been the reason a lot of mx tracks have been closed..

Ive always wondered why the loudest bikes are always Yamaha's ... doesnt matter if its a 2 or 4 stroke.. YZ's are always loud..
finmally somebody educated replies. hey moose, how do u make a pipe that fits a 2 stroke AND a 4 stroke?

Old 09-16-2011, 03:51 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
finmally somebody educated replies.
not only that... im a mod too..

Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
not only that... im a mod too..
more chiefs then indians?

Old 09-16-2011, 03:53 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Its too bad service Honda doesnt put a CR500 motor in a 450F quad..

Old 09-16-2011, 03:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

more chiefs then indians?
In a situation like this it comes down to who bans first..

Old 09-16-2011, 03:55 PM

dont ruin my life by banning me<sarcasm over>

Old 09-16-2011, 03:57 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

evin-rude (bombardier) boat motors are clean 2 strokes! it can be done, the manufacturers dont make "enough" on them
what???

boat motors are clean 2-strokes???

not only does it cost twice as much to upkeep & repair a 2 vs. 4 stroke stern drive or powerhead- they have been banned on many lakes because of the noise, pollution & epa regs!

I'm a boater- I've owned jet skies & ski boats my whole life- currently own a 2006 sugar sand jet boat powered by a 240hp mercury m2 efi 6 cy 2-stroke- even the cleanest running 2-strokes run dirtier than a properly tuned 4 stroke.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:01 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh so u think because u have "quad patrol" on your side that now you can chime in? i dont like you and i made it clear last time that i wasnt gonna bother with you, so what gives?

I'm sorry- is it alright with you if I have an opinion on the topic?

you can think its epa all you want, thats basically a front. the technology is there.. they'd just rather you buy valves, springs, cams etc etc once they do break... atleast i believe thats part of it. and how narrow minded can you be to think ALL magazines are paid off?

ummm- who said anything about mags being paid off????

if this is you "not bothering" I'd like to see you "bothering"

Quick Reply: 2 stroke ATV with Modern suspension and Liquid cooled