Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

After unloading in dark my new 570 we noticed smoke coming from the front somewhere. No smells of gas or antifreeze, no leaks I could see on my new trailer, no indicator on dash of hot temperature or service Wrench Icon. ATV ran okay, sounds okay. Turned off ATV then seem like smoke emitting from under plastic. Pulled the seat for visable inspection, noticed smoke trail from small weld on exhaust shield on right side mid section. Smell was slight maybe plastic or some fluid. Not rubber and couldn't identify any plastic or other material being touched or burned.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

R'

Old 04-17-2016, 08:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Hope it's just exhaust paint buring.. Surely they have the extra exhaust shielding,fenders and seat foil by now that some early models had problems with from hot exhausts.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

What do you recommend OPT?

Should i start it and let run? I checked the inner bodycplastic no sign of melting. Something between, under or inside the exhaust pipe or shield?

Old 04-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If the seat area,inner fender or cab area isn't getting hot,I'd drive it around and hopefully it's just the exhaust pipe smoking.They had enough problems on the first 570 models. I've had new ones smoke for awhile when burning off paint,oily spots from the factory,etc,but this usually went away after a good breaking in. I'd keep a good look out and if any problems show up,contact the dealer pronto.Hopefully it wont come down to that.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Okay very cool, thanks OPT for the great tips!

Old 04-20-2016, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
If the seat area,inner fender or cab area isn't getting hot,I'd drive it around and hopefully it's just the exhaust pipe smoking.They had enough problems on the first 570 models. I've had new ones smoke for awhile when burning off paint,oily spots from the factory,etc,but this usually went away after a good breaking in. I'd keep a good look out and if any problems show up,contact the dealer pronto.Hopefully it wont come down to that.
OPT, I talked with my dealer today was on the phone with an order switched me to service. Exactly what you said is what they told me. Other than this he mentioned look around to see if any VENT lines are disconnected. He admitted sometimes 1st factory occassional issue with a few disconnected VENT lines. I'll take a gander at those too.

Thanks,

R'

Old 04-25-2016, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Originally Posted by RticKwad
OPT, I talked with my dealer today was on the phone with an order switched me to service. Exactly what you said is what they told me. Other than this he mentioned look around to see if any VENT lines are disconnected. He admitted sometimes 1st factory occassional issue with a few disconnected VENT lines. I'll take a gander at those too.

Thanks,

R'
Well I ran my 570 idle for a while spent time moving it around and tinkering. No smoke or smells to report. Very strange! Hopefully what was baked on the exhaust from factory is now burned off.

Thanks for all the help!

R'

Old 04-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Well I ran my 570 idle for a while spent time moving it around and tinkering. No smoke or smells to report. Very strange! Hopefully what was baked on the exhaust from factory is now burned off.

R'
Don't know how many calls I got from people over the years about this same thing on some that would smoke or have strange smells. They just don't test run them long enough at the factory and neither do dealers when setting up new machines to break them in,burn off any oil residue,etc. Causes some people to panic who I don't blame after spending good $ on these things..