Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Shift knob wire routing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift **** wire routing

Hey guys, i have a 1995 polaris 300, just bought my first one. Rebuilt the motor, and put it all back together, but I can't seem to figure out the routing from the gear shift ****, to where it plugs in on the other side. I can't seem to find a diagram of the routing anywhere. Anybody have a diagram or knows how this wire goes? Thanks a bunch.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

are you talking about the shifting linkage or the wires from the switch located in the shift assembly?

Old 04-28-2019, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by stendori
are you talking about the shifting linkage or the wires from the switch located in the shift assembly?
There's a set of 4 wires that come out of the shifter, and they look like they somehow route to the opposite side of the atv and into the main harness. If i had to guess I'd say those wires power the lights that let you know what gear it's in? Should i include a picture?

Old 04-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

correct that is the switch harness that does tell which gear it is in. I would guess the override and awd(if it is one) might be effect if its not hooked up as well. with out looking I could not tell where it hooks in the main harness, but I would think it should be there handy unless it has been messed with.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by stendori
correct that is the switch harness that does tell which gear it is in. I would guess the override and awd(if it is one) might be effect if its not hooked up as well. with out looking I could not tell where it hooks in the main harness, but I would think it should be there handy unless it has been messed with.
Sorry for the long reply, been a crazy week. Lol. Yeah the wire comes out of the shifter assembly, there's 4 wires. Purple solid, green/white, grey/white, red/white. I think i have the wire routed correctly now, but I'm having a lot of trouble funding the wiring diagram/schematic. The awd is working, but the neutral safety isn't, I'm guessing because the wiring isn't hooked up correctly.