Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2001 Polaris trailblazer 250

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 07:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Polaris trailblazer 250

2001 Polaris trailblazer 250
Ok i got one for ya. Bought quad 5 months ago. Needed battery.....just clicked when button pushed. Pull started fine , headlights worked.... all good. Had to replace rope for pull start and it seemed to want to stick sometimes and man it takes up 20 min sometimes for a cold start but runs and idles great once it fires.....crazy. Anyways tired of pullin amd wife n kids wanna ride when I'm not home but they cant pull start it for 1st start of the day. Ok now the problem. New battery, new relay, checked solenoid, and traced all wires -good. Then turmed key on wont click and now headlight didnt work.......note it didn't click after having it for a couple months when i tried to push button. Whats weird is i checked the bulb, wires andd swith and they are good but the tail light was still as always on when i turmed key and switch to on.
By that time i was fed up for the day. Heres the weird part ....went out next day and cleaned all connections that were dirty lookin and gave it a try......turmed on key and switch now no tail light. Does anyone know what else to check? I have a feeling if i figure this out i will end up not getting lucky and have to replace the starter but i need help figuring this out first before my next let down lol
Edit Quote Multi
Subscribed
Reply to Thread

Related Topics

Back to Subforum
Polaris
View Next Unread
500 HO water pump shaftCurrently Active Users (1)
TPAW
Related Thread
Home / Polaris

I need help with my polaris trailblazer 250

Subscribe
mudproblems , 03-18-2015 10:46 PM
I have a polaris trailblazer 250 an I just rebuilt the carburetor and it still wont start I got good spark you have to pull to start it idk whats goin on any advise
Quote Multi
scootergptx's Avatar scootergptx , 03-19-2015 06:03 AM
Start with the easy stuff first. Check the battery. You didn't say whether or not it cranks or not when using the key.
Quote Multi
mudproblems , 03-19-2015 11:46 AM
Well okay there is no battery the start wires solenoid all is disabled you pull start an it has very good spark itl light you up if you touch it it runs but only for like 15-30 mins then it bogs out an it wont start back up for a long time I just rebuilt the carburetor an it still wont start like it should and theres gas getting to the spark im confused its somthing so simple I just dont know what it is
Quote Multi
scootergptx's Avatar scootergptx , 03-19-2015 11:48 AM
Have you checked the compression?
Quote Multi
mudproblems , 03-19-2015 12:53 PM
Yes good ccompression im actually working on it right now im lost like it has a mind of its own it has to be somthing in the carburetor
Quote Multi
old polaris tech's Avatar old polaris tech , 03-19-2015 01:41 PM
Compression,spark,fuel and air. Has to have all four or no go. Plus leaking crank seals can cause problems too.Leak down test can rule that out quickly.

Quote Multi
Budman650's Avatar Budman650 , 03-19-2015 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudproblems
Well okay there is no battery the start wires solenoid all is disabled you pull start an it has very good spark itl light you up if you touch it it runs but only for like 15-30 mins then it bogs out an it wont start back up for a long time I just rebuilt the carburetor an it still wont start like it should and theres gas getting to the spark im confused its somthing so simple I just dont know what it is
When it bogs out after 15-30 minutes, is it easy to pull start or doesn it feel like the motor is seized?
What does the spark plug look like?
What do you mean that the spark lights you up? Does is have a decent blue spark when you hold it close to a ground?
Next time it bogs out and dies, check for a strong spark
Quote Multi
mudproblems , 03-19-2015 09:43 PM
Okay well it has a very blue spark its very strong an yes it feels stiff or seized. When you pull it an touch the spark plug it feels like you just stuck your finger in a socket
Quote Multi
Budman650's Avatar Budman650 , 03-20-2015 06:55 AM
Sounds like you'll need a top end rebuild. It might feel like it has good compression but low compression is most likely why it's hard to start.
I assume this all happened before you first rebuilt the carb?
Sounds like the oil injector isn't working or the banjo bolt might be clogged. I had that happen on my 400. Make sure you're getting oil before you spend money on the rebuild.
Quote Multi
Subscribe
Reply to Thread