Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stocker

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Bear I understand where you are coming from on that post, but they are just plain and simple wastes on here. These forums are for information and entertainment. Occasional competition between brands, but they are ridiculous. Now I have been known to get a little bit quick tempered, but I keep it to the AC forum. These two "idiots" as Kagey put it just do nothing but bash and annoy everyone on all the forums. Especially the Polaris owners. If they want to bash Polaris let them do it on the Honda forum. They don't know anything about Polaris from what I can tell. They just go by what their dads, uncles, friends or whoever have said about these bikes and exagerate it to make them look like they know what they are talking about. When in fact they don't have a damn clue. Just my opinion. Anyone else agree?

------------------

Old 01-29-2000, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

AGREE!!!!!

------------------
THE FORMER CORNCOB2

Old 01-29-2000, 08:17 AM
Range Rover

YUP!!!

Old 01-29-2000, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stocker is not old enough to have ample experiences on ANY machine to be bashing ANY makes or models.With exception of the 2-speed, 12 volt,Barbie Car.===lol---BILL

------------------

Old 01-29-2000, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

Stocker WAS (notice, past tense) an abusive, disruptive, negative poster. Stocker made no positive contribution to the Forum; his posts held no redeeming value of any kind.

When reading such garbage from such a source, the immediate impulse rises to respond in kind (i.e., trash him back, call him names, etc.). However, such action is counterproductive, goading the initial offender into further excess, perhaps in the perpetrator's twisted mind, justifying him in his misbehavior.

I know not what motivates the toxic mental illness symtom of disruptive posting; however, whatever explanation, the practice is annoying and threatens the Forum's purpose and mission.

"Self-policing," where a poster on the Forum "calls another poster's hand," sometimes works; but not with pathological offenders like Stocker (there are others, some posting currently, I sadly report).

When inappropriate posts appear, the best and most effective response is notifying the ATV Connection staff. Only this resource can take corrective action, editing or deleting offending posts, notifying the offender, and ultimately, as sometimes happens, banning the perpetrator. Informing the ATV Connection staff is the only way this game can be won.

Am I perfectly in control of my own responses; do I always act in the most effective and reasonable manner? Hardly. Even though I know, for example, escalating mutual name-calling is pointless and counterproductive, I want to tell these "idiots" off myself!

Tree Farmer

Old 01-29-2000, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

RangerSX, I see your post, previously in this space, was deleted by a moderator.

In that post, you said you sometimes didn't give a flying (whatever) what you said; did it ever occur to you, the feeling might be mutual from your readers?

Maybe you're a soul-mate to your saddle-pal, Stocker; maybe not. Your attitude suggests you're headed in the same direction.

Prove me wrong by your future posts! Or, prove me right, and we won't have to read 'em much longer.

Tree Farmer

Old 01-29-2000, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

So does that past tense mean Stocker is gone and will now be posting under a new name or what? Ranger I really don't care about. All you see on his posts are "NOTE FROM ATVBBS" "Not compliant with forum guidlines". So really nothing is productive or unproductive about his posts. The only person that gets to see them is him. Maybe his Mommy and Daddy should be contacted to let them know how bad of a boy he has been.

------------------

Old 01-29-2000, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

Kagey,I am glad you took my post the way it was meant. As U stated,we do not want to insult each other or to be disrespectfull. We do not have to agree with each other however we can still get along. I agree with Big bear 4x4, ignore them and they will go away. Or let the Moderator take care of it. Life goes on. I sure admire your dedication and willingness to help.

J.C.