Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler 90 vs Breeze 125

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new Polaris mini's are made by Aeon.

Old 03-22-2002, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

i once saw a fully grown man riding wheelies on a scrambler 90 (he thought it was alot weaker that it was and it dumpped his a$$) i have never seen anyone do that on a breeze even when they tried lol

Old 03-22-2002, 07:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Got my 7 year old boy his first quad 6mos ago a Sportsman 90 its been holding up fine. It does about 34 mph.Fast enough for me but now he wants more.Hop it up or Blaster he says.

Old 03-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

Beasty

Dumped his A$$!!??? I'm pretty confident I don't want a quad that will dump my 8 and 10 yr olds' A$$es. The Breeze is larger, has a lower center of gravity, and much larger tires than the Scram 90. It also has actual suspension - better for trail riding. I can put an adult on the Breeze (if I have to) and that person can pretty much go anywhere my larger quads go. I've actually been amazed with the Breeze's reliability and performance abilities.

Sounds like you have some prejudice issues that are overcoming your sense of practicality. The Scram/Sport 90's are good kids quads, but they do have a higher center of gravity, smaller wheels, less suspension, and many more maintenance problems. Those are the facts, and I am a Polaris fan!

I actually bought the Breeze because it was so much like my larger Polaris ATV's in features and functionality. The Breeze is the youth quad Polaris should have made instead of putting their name and plastic on someone else's quad.

If you want quads that will dump your child on his/her A$$ (your own qualification), then maybe the Scram/Sport 90 are the quads for you!

Old 03-22-2002, 06:18 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4monkeys .......DITTO I think the Breeze is an excelant machine and it does suprize a person we love ours.

Old 03-22-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

i simply used this example because squinterdude was afraid it would not have enough power
excuse me for trying to tell him they do have power

Old 03-22-2002, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

We love our breeze also,I just cant beleive how well it keeps up on the trails,and the places it will go.I even put an aftermarket rear rack on it and do a few chores with it now and then.The power it has will amaze you,my sons had it almost 4 years now and all we have done to it is adjust valves,clean air filter,and change the oil.It has a 520 O ring chain on it so chain adjustments are few.This little quad is built really well and will hold up to kids abuse.

Old 03-23-2002, 02:37 PM
Fez
Range Rover

My little cuz has one. She loves it. It rips pretty good too. Well enough that she doesnt get bored.

Old 03-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Sharpe1,

I am now convinced that you have no clue about the mini market. You say,

"... but just from looking at how the engines are configured, it looks to me like the LT80 and the TRX 90 have more conventional engine setups that would make them much easier to work on than the damn near upside down design of the Polaris, TRex, Sundiro, etc. mini's. This guy asked for opinions on some mini quads and I gave him what I had to offer, however helpful or unhelpful it was. I just wish I had not wasted money on a brand new offbrand quad with no real reputation, just to find that it will not run half the time because it is always getting choked on its own tongue."

That is BS. The LT80 is the ONLY mini with a vertical cylinder. It is also the only mini that runs counter clockwise!
Try to work on the LT80. You need to take the frame apart just to get into the clutch! On the starter motor -- $500 Suzuki $50 all the others. Did you know that the LT80 is not even made by SUZUKI???? It is made by the same school children that make the other minis.

As for reputation -- the Suzuki motor is the only mini motor that has been discontinued for all uses except the 80. On the other hand, all of the other mini's (which are not the same) have 20 plus years of proven performance in the foreign markets.

On your frustration level, I can understand the problem. The shops that really understand the mini engines are few and far between. Instead of helping fix the minis or learning how to fix the minis, they just bad mouth the minis. If you need help with you mini, send me a private message. I would be glad to help.

John