Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Today's ride highlight(buddy gets dumped by my quad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today was riding around the farm to day with a buddy of mine.He rides a yamaha beartrecker and i have a modded sport400L. After a while we traded because he wanted to throw some roost and I wanted a quiet ride. He has never ridden anything but beartracker and a big bear. I informed him of the sports tendancy to wheelie hard and he responded with,"yeah,yeah,yeah, let's trade already".We were climbing an steep ravine when he gave a thumbful of throttle to make it up. Well, the nature of the beast and his inexperience and hardheadedness combined for an funny,abliet dangerous specticale.At first when I saw him wheelieing for what seemed awhile at almost 90 degrees,I thought,this dude is awesome!!But then I saw his facial expression,you know what I am talking about, the OH,SH#T look. At that point the sport dumped him and He rolled back hard on to his rump and then his head.I rushed to him to make sure he was ok,which he was ,but little sore and shook up.He then told me that was his first time to be thrown off.I told him he is not the first to be dumped, and to lean forward when administering a full throttle dose to the 400.I patted him on the back , welcomed him to the club, and in a spirit any atver would be proud of, he made another pass at the hill and made it with out another incident.we had a blast!!