Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sp700 off-cambers

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SPRTSmnFan,
thanks for the winch info![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
i've never heard the word 'composed' used before when refering to one's ATV! i'm glad you are enjoying your 700 soo much. with the exception of the WP issues, i feel the same way about my 700![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
i don't know anything about your shock issue on the 400 so i will sit this one out!
i do think the guys gave good advice though.
later,
-MT

Old 10-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

MT pockets,
I can't say enough about the 2000# Warn winch. I use it nearly every time I go out, because I always head right for the middle of the deepest mud holes. I love mud! I think people are crazy that insist on spending money on a 2500 or bigger. Or they don't know enough. I only got stuck one time bad enough that a winch got overworked trying to pull me. I went into some clay goopy godawful mud from hell, when I rocked my machine the ground six feet away was moving! My winch happened to be on the wrong end, so we used the one on the front of an Arcti-Cat 500i that came along. He couldn't pull me out with the line rigged single, so I put my ****** block on my tow hitch and ran his line back to his machine. It still kept pulling him towards me, so we ended up chaining him to a tree. I wouldn't want to do that to my machine, his 500i might be just a hair longer than it used to be. Anyway, the point is if you have a 2k winch and a ****** block, you double the power of the winch to 4k, so as long as you have a solid anchor point you are good. If you aren't familiar, a ****** block is simply a pulley wheel with a hook attacked. I bought one at Ace Hardware for $7. Make sure you get one with a high enough rating. I think the Arti could have pulled me out single line if it had been anchored better in the first place. This was a good argument for a multi-mount. I chose to be winched backward 12' rather than winch myself forward for about 75'. I don't care for the multi-mounts, though, they rattle too much and don't look real strong.
I had a little 1k Superwinch on a TrailBoss that was almost always strong enough, when it wasn't I put the ****** block on and off we went.
I drive heavy wreckers for a living, so I know a little bit about winches.

Old 10-07-2002, 08:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

NorthStar2,
you are funny man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] sounds like some GREAT rides!
thanks for the winch info!
you crack me up![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

have a good one!
-MT