Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why does Polaris get bashed so hard!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does Polaris get bashed so hard!!!!!!

Thank God! I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt like this until you guys spoke up. I work at the Timken bearing company. Timken makes the best damn roller bearings in the world. I'm tired of these stuffed shirt greedy s.o.b. C.E.O.s sending our jobs over seas. And I'm even more tired of hearing these yuppie, brain washed, boneheads bashing the work of their fellow Americans. I love the 2 polaris ATV's I own and I'm proud to own them. I will never own anything else! God bless America and all of you TRUE Americans!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

timmmmmay's mother needs to keep the batery charged on his barbie jeep so he will have someting better to do than waste space![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 11:28 PM
fru
Weekend Warrior

Who said these forums were informative. I still think you polaris guys are a little strung out. Go to any other forum and come up with a nasty coment and they just nicley tell you thier OPINION. After all that is all this is OPINIONS. No big deal if you don't think I'm rite but isn't this the land of the free. And doesn't that include freedom of speeeech. Naw I don't really think ya'll are flag wavers unless it fits your bill. But hey thats just my OPINION. Oh ya, this is a little off topic but what do you guys think about this upcoming war of ours?? I know its unlike me to make an atempt at some rational dialouge but I'm seriously interested in your opinions on this one.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:19 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Ok everyone please lay off THERETURNOFTIMMMAY
We have a truce. I viewed it and THERETURNOFTIMMMAY kinda said it in so many words.

Quote from another thread: "Chet-small little friendly joke-u better not kick me off-I'm bein normal".

Being normal is good. Lets make this new member one of the best we got.
Please read the whole thread again.
If I can get over it!!!!!!!!!

ChetRacer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Pro Rider

Off-topic indeed fru, but ...I think as long as we are in there with inspectors, even if they don't find the goods, we are still in there.
I think Bush is an idiot president who is trying to fix his father's legacy. " Oops forgot to get Sadam, surely his own people will rise against him and finish the job for us...Ooops,,,,Take care of that for me when you become prez, eh Georgey Boy,,,,,"
....Sadam may be a war monger, but he isn't right now, and hasn't shown any signs of aggression in ten years. Since when do we declare war for someone's arsenal? If the Europeans don't want to attack him why should we? None of Sadam's missiles will reach us, AHHHHHHh but they will reach Israel....
.....And that is where it all pans out. Our massive blind support of Israel,,,,which is what got us into this 9/11 terrorist mess in the first place now leads us into war with a despot who hasn't done anything lately, but might, and because it would be directed at Israel, we have to pony up and protect the world (Israel).
......I have heard the arguement about big oil business being the reason for all this and think it is a load of crap, like we heard the same thing about Vietnam, which was also a load of crap.
......When I see a rattlesnake I go around him. It is not my job, or my country's job, to wipe out every rattlesnake on the planet, there are just tooo many. I do not see Sadam as a particular threat right now, so why should American boys die to protect Israel?
.....How many ways can you say Holy War? Crusade? These are no-win situations. There will be no parades as Americans "liberate" Iraq, just dead bodies.

Old 03-07-2003, 09:06 AM
RIP Dear Friend

fourlix,

How did you feel about Clinton?

Old 03-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

REAL AMERICANS--BUY AMERICAN!!!
People like you crack me up... That is such a bull@#(* quote. Your real American machine is made with real overseas parts. So it is built in America and that's it. It sure would be nice if American BUILT products could have the same quality as overseas ones then maybe I would buy them. Most American products are too far behind the overseas products. Once American manufacturers figure out how to keep up then great, but till then I will buy what I feel to be the best product on the market.

So stop preaching your buy American until you can show me a completely manufactured machine with only American parts, then you can tote the
BUY AMERICAN!!!

Old 03-07-2003, 11:15 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Predator03: Yeah I am part Japanese and I am still a Proud American. I just don't really like hearing the old WWII term of "Jap" thrown around, but its cool, no worries.
Mountaineerider : I hope you don't think I was bashing American Made products, I am not. I am so Pro-American, don't worry about me.
Fourlix: You make a good argument. I agree almost 100%, My only hang up with the whole thing is that 12 yrs ago the UN (12-0 vote) told Saddam that if he didn't want the COLITION forces to take Bagdad, he had to disarm (because of the threat of the use again of weapons of mass destruction). He has had 12 years and the Clinton Administration/UN/Rest of the World let it slide because the worls was a different place back then. The world changed on 9/11 and now anyone who is a threat to Americans has to go. I don't agree that Bush is trying to make up his Fathers mistakes, because if the UN is the one who agreed to save his a$$, not Bush Sr. failing to get the job done.
Either way it sucks and I hope we don't have to send in the troops.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Sandneck, I don't want you to misunderstand. I don't have anything against Japanese people, yourself included. I'm just not interested in supporting any foreign economy. I don't need a job over there, I need one here, first and foremost. We seem to be spending way too much money worried about everone else around the world, when there are people going to bed hungry here. There are not enough jobs in this country to go around as it is. If you keep on buying your foreign goods, it will only get worse. I realized it's tougher and tougher to do, I'm forced to do the same. I buy American whenever I can. YOU GOTTA START SOMEWHERE!!!

Right now there are a couple of domestic builders of ATV's. Yes, they do use parts from overseas. That's still way better than all the profits going out of the country. To say that because Polaris uses Japanese carbs, that makes it ok to buy a Japanese quad, is not a good argument. If people would have stood up twenty-thirty years ago, and said no more foreign, and demanded that US companies build with quality, then there would still be millions of manufacturing jobs here in this country. Instead, the apathy of the people gave way to corporations sending their jobs overseas. This can't go on forever. Look at the economy now. If you were one of the many who have lost their job in recent years, especially a good job..think you might feel different?

Scott

Old 03-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Payrolls Plunged 308,000 in February
(Reuters) - The number of workers on U.S. payrolls plunged in February at the sharpest rate since November 2001 and the jobless rate rose to 5.8 percent, the government said on Friday in a shockingly gloomy economic report. The Labor Department said payroll jobs outside the farm sector declined by 308,000 last month -- in contrast to expectations in a Reuters poll that they would rise by 8,000. Payrolls had risen by 185,000 in January, a number that was revised up from the originally reported 143,000 gain

Makes you feel all warm inside, don't it. By the way, this is not posted from a "liberal" source. That seems to matter to some.

Quick Reply: Why does Polaris get bashed so hard!!!!!!