Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600

My friend had his 02 scrambler 500 stolen a couple of months after he bought it. He only made 1 payment on it and didnt have insurace. He'll be paying on it for a few more years, it really sucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

Farmr123 i couldnt agree with you more.......well said......and isnt it nice knowing you have land and a backhoe...ahahah....makes me sleep better at night....

Old 06-10-2004, 05:54 AM
Pro Rider

That really sucks, I keep my quad locked up at night and I might get an alarm system for it pretty soon, I ordered one for my streetbike and if i like it, im gonna get one for my quad too. ATV theft has been really bad in like county for the past few years, so bad that any time you get stopped by the cops on a quad, they immediatly tell you to get off it and stand off to the side of the road while they check the VIN, they did that to me 3 times on my blaster but they have yet to stop me on my 440. Notice how easy it is to find most ATV parts on ebay but frames and engine cases are scarce? I wonder why......

Old 06-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Amen, Farmer.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear about your loss, and not to say it will ever turn up, but make sure to go to your polaris shop and fill out the form to report a stolen atv. This will flag it as a stolen unit if any dealer runs its vin for anything.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Another old thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Looks like Jerico settled on a new ride with a pretty good security system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Range Rover

Hello Boys & Girls,
Yeah, this is an old thread, but i still appreciate all who have replied. Just see this as an eye opener & secure your rides, or it could happen to anyone of you. I'm back in the saddle again since last Oct. & now have a 650 Arctic Cat. I sold my DRZ400, which was like new to get some funds. I wanted the ATV more than the motorcycle. You can bet this quad is a lot more secured than the
Polaris was, although i wasn't that careless to begin with, or never have been. But i just didn't do enough, & i was a little too trusting, but things have changed since then. No more leaving my rides on a trailer all night, as before, & much more. I did go to Polaris with all the info & they put it on their computers, but nothing ever came of it. The AC is fully insured & all my accessories are too. My place looks like a small city at night with all the security lights i have on down here. I still have loaded guns at my bedside, as i always have, in case things get nasty. I have other security measures in place that i won't mention on this open forum. Have any of ever thought about this being a perfect place for thieves to go shopping, so no need to tell all. Someone had to case this place before hand, then come back in the early hours of the morning to get mine. They rolled it along the dark side of my 2 1/2 acres to a pickup waiting down the road, & they were gone, so was my Polaris & a lot of gear i bought to ride the Paiute Trails in Utah. BTW, i did make it to Utah in April, & rode the trails at Moab on my Cat, it was awesome. Regards, Jerico1

Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey scrambler how in the world do you pay so little for full coverage the same agency wanted me to put down $202 and $78 a month but for liability it is only $100 for the whole year. i know this is not the cheapest so may be some pointers please. with all the thieft going on it is not wise to have only liability full or none at all cause liability is just like not having it at all. maybe the area i live has something to do with it i live in texas 26 yrs old the bike i was going for was a john deere 650 trail buck utility bike. the only reason for this bike is finace reasonsand it looks pretty mean.

Old 06-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

i am sorry jerico for your lost i tried to post a reply earlier i dont know what happen to it but i hope that someday you get your bike back cause they aint cheap. the next time if it happens again hopfully the perp will be leaving your property with lead in the tush. good luck with your new bike you are a true atver. shoot first ask later us army kill them all let GOD sort them out!! as atvers we must protect what is ours no one else will. i dont own one as of yet but soon i will. i call myself an atver cause when you feel the pain of theift i feel it also. never come home clean!!

Old 08-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with Progressive Insurance ?