Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why does polaris get ragged on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003 | 10:22 PM
Range Rover
Default why does polaris get ragged on?

I just thought it was funny that it was messed up when i was down there looking at it. I did not say a thing about the rest of the fourwheeler being junk. I think one of the main reasons i dont like belt drive is because i had a go-kart when i was younger with a belt drive, and that thing never did work right. I just like 5spds better. 5spds are also sportier i think. Its just all in what you want in an ATV.

Old 05-04-2003 | 12:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey RedneckE,
Besides the fact that you are a last word freak (LOL), I'll just give you my 2 cents on just how misinformed you are. My experience with Hondas are that they are terrible in the mud, terrible at climbing out of creek beds (3 wheel drive), & slow. That's the nice way of saying Hondas don't rule, they SUCK. They ride rough, have low ground clearance, are loud and can't get out of there own way. When we ride, they are the first quads to get stuck. It's embarassing.

I have a stock Polaris 5-speed and I have pulled 450 Foreman ES machines backwards more than once. But I can tell you I wouldn't even bother hooking up to a (belt driven) Sportsman, it would easily pull me all over the place. You can't beat a Sportsman in low gear for torque & traction.

I think Hondas glory days are behind them. Right now I think their best quad is their entry level 250ex. Surprising where this little machine will go. does as good or better in the mud than their 350 & 450 4WD class machines.

Try a belt driven automatic, anybodies, (except the MULE) as long as it has a LOW gear, you won't be disappointed. My next quad will be a POLARIS 500HO, 600 or 700, all with belt driven AUTOMATIC & IRS.

Old 05-04-2003 | 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

This redneck honda guy is obsessed with which quad might outdo the 700 (he certainly has to know the foreman 400 isn't in the same league). I saw one of his posts on the kawasaki forum asking if a P650 will outrun a sp700, who cares! Apparently some people have different ideas what a utility 4x4 is used for, I could care less about which quad wins a race but when I get into mud 2 feet deep or a rut 3 feet deep or need to pull a tree out of the road I want something with weight, frame strength and power. The 700 has all you need. Most places I ride, I stay in low range anyway. If you want to see some real BS, go to the Kawasaki forum, it is full of it. I never realized how misinformed some people are until I started looking at some of the other brands forums. I guess they have the right to their opinion, even if they are wrong.

Old 05-04-2003 | 02:44 PM
Range Rover

Why do you guys even worry about what others think of your ATV if you like it and think its just as good as anything else? I dont really care what you say about mine because i know its a good machine. By the way V8s10, i was just posting that a p650 would outrun a sp700 because that guy was asking about it, and i figured id tell him. If that hurt your feelings that bead then i dont know what to say. If you know what you have is good from experience, then it shouldnt matter what other people think.

Old 05-04-2003 | 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: V8s10
If you want to see some real BS, go to the Kawasaki forum, it is full of it. I never realized how misinformed some people are until I started looking at some of the other brands forums. I guess they have the right to their opinion, even if they are wrong.
I used to have a Sportsman 500HO .... it was a nice tractor.

Old 05-04-2003 | 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said, full of BS.

Old 05-04-2003 | 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Redneck guy, you seem to be the one worried about it, you keep coming back into the Polaris forum. How many times have you seen me post in the Honda forum? Also, I could care less about how fast a P650 is.

Old 05-04-2003 | 06:44 PM
Range Rover

Old 05-04-2003 | 06:47 PM
Range Rover

Apparently you were at the kawasaki forum for some reason. By the way, if you werent worried about the speed of those fourwheelers then why did you even look? The reason i go to all the diff. brand forums is because i like to learn more about them, and see how people like them. Also you said you wanted something with weight, frame strength, and power......Did you look at the bombardier quest 650? It has more horsepower than the sp700, and it weighs a lot too. The p650 also has a couple more HP than the sp700.

Old 05-04-2003 | 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well, there was just so much BS floating around in there I just had to say something! This is my last post on this subject, you like your Honda, I like my Polaris, I also like Hondas, I even have one now and have owned 4 of them over the past few years.

Seriously though, speed is not important to me, I got up to 55 mph (probably about 62 with speedo error due to tire size) on the pavement the other day and that is faster than I need to be going on a 4 wheeler. I doubt I ever will find out the top speed of my 700. Good luck with your Honda Redneck.

Quick Reply: why does polaris get ragged on?