Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

where to get nerfs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get nerfs?

The Pro Armor Nerfs are also nice plus they come with built in aluminum heel guards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sorry Modquad but I had to chime in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Never be sorry! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Salute ProX! TLD, I've suggested those sweet looking heel guards to that Polaris crowd....they have soooo much neat stuff coming though, not sure if they'll have time....or even want to.
Geoff, I'll see how the season of harescrambles goes, they'll definitely get tested. Geoff's Pred....Thunder from Down Under! Oh wait a minute, that's some half naked guys in Vegas....bad visual..DOH!

Old 04-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

"Thunder from Down Under"? I thought that was Chad Reed on his YZ250? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I like how my Polaris Nerfs fit. But I agree with Aussie and the concern of Modquad about racing "contact". Dang AMA. If it were my choice I would race without the nerfs to I can easliy "peddle" backwards if I need to. I can only see a benefit from them for the holeshot corner in a Harescramble or XC. If you are gonna race with nerfs, I might have to suggest the DG, Pro Armor, or AC, just cause the netting is tucked and hidden. If you are riding for fun, the polaris nerfs fit and look great!! I guess Modquad and I will have to report after tackling some trees this summer!

Old 04-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't had any problems with the netting torn yet, and I've bounced off a couple of trees in the woods where I got her SOOOOO dirty. I think she was mad at me, but after about 4 hours, she looks like she did before I went in the mud. Now that it's all clean, I can do it again!
On another note, has anyone with the K&N in da box had any problems with water/mud getting into the airbox? When I took the top off to see if anything got in the cleaner, it looked like a large splash got in there. If your looking at it from the back, it would be the left side. I cleaned up the box and cleaned and oiled the filter. Then I used a bead of window sealent on the top and bottom of the filter and put it back together. Hopefully that will do the trick. It seems like a good fit, just wondering if maybe I had it cocked in there when I put the cover on the first time.

Later daz!
Pro X

Old 04-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

ProX,
Yeah, I took my lid off to check my filter and also noticed a good sized mud splash on the top of the inside of the lid. Must not have sealed perfectly. I think the sealer or a cuak would work good. I might try puttin it around the lid and letting it dry, and then putting it back on so it acts as a "rubbery" seal. Hopefully that will make it tight.

Old 04-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, I'll let you know how my setup works out. Thanks for the idea with a new "rubber" seal!

Old 04-23-2003, 12:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yea, mines a little finicky to seat the top of the box down. I kinda make sure to double check it. I know someone was talking about the left tire jetting some water up towards the snorkle too. Just some burps to work through.

Pudl, back when I did my first scramble, I hyper-extended both shoulders, and dislocated my thumb....still finished....not fast, but I finished. Hurtin', but grinnin'! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Ouch...but I guess it's like they say, no pain no gain!

Old 04-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Trailblazer

pudljumper, I can give you one GOOD reason to have nerfs on your Pred. I am currently sitting at home with a broken femur and healing my wound where I had 48 stitches put into the side of my leg because of the footpeg gouge and my leg bone shooting out the side of my leg. All due to the fact that I didn't have my NERFS on yet! If you don't have the nerfs, try keeping the jumping to a minimum until you do. I was launching quite high and far when I was going to land a little awkward. I thought about abandoning the quad in mid-air, but thought I could ride it out. Well, I was right, I did ride it out O.K., but, since my right rear tire landed first and there was such a jarring jolt, my right foot slipped off the footpeg and that is all she wrote. I was sucked off the top of the machine and the foot peg got me, then the rear tire broke my leg and the bone went through the muscle and skin in the same area as where the footpeg got me. Anyway, learned lesson: RIDE WITH NERF BARS!

Old 04-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

ouch. did the same thing on my banshee years ago, but only snapped my ankle. couldn't walk for months. needless to say i went out and bought the nerfs that week also.