Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Dealing with truly OBNOXIOUS and inconsiderate neighbors and their ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2024, 11:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealing with truly OBNOXIOUS and inconsiderate neighbors and their ATV's

Hello, this may be long so I'll try to get to the point. I live on a rural county area on a residential road. While our properties are all 2-acres plus, the houses are a few hundred feet from each other. I actually live on the corner of this county road and a side street that goes to a dead end culdesac. The problem is I have a neighbor on the other side of the corner from me on one road and their friends 3-houses down the opposite direction are riding their ATV's up and down these roads at all times of the morning, afternoon, and into the evening. In my state it is illegal to be riding ATV's on any state or county road, but the legality of it isn't my concern other than the real issue is just how LOUD it is. It's bad enough one one child is riding, but when they have a second, a third, and a fourth---all riding together RACING up and down the road back and forth, on both streets, raving their engines, even on their own property..... I just NEVER get a reprieve. I work from home and I have no set hours. I might be working at 2am and need to take a nap in the morning or afternoon, I might be up at 4am and need to sleep in the afternoon. I might be laying down at 10pm at night, at 8pm, at 4pm, anytime really.... and these ATVs are SO loud that literally there's no place in my home, or on my property, to get away from it. I have an air filter machine running which is LOUD, a fan, my TV on, I've tried earplugs and headphones even and it gets SO loud that even with all of that---- it rattles my walls, windows, and I can hear it. It wakes me up. I've caught these kids, on video, pulling stunts, riding standing on top of their ATV's, racing each other 3-4 wide at times, blocking traffic of oncoming cars. Now if they they have an accident that's on them, I don't want that to happen---however if one of them loses control and their machine comes flying into my yard, into my house (it's happened before with a wreckless driver). There is NOTHING I can do to escape the noise inside my house, I can't enjoy our back property, I can't enjoy any kind of peace and quiet. I'm all for kids having their fun, but there comes a point where this is beyond a nuisance and I have the right to have peace and quiet. They won't stop, in fact one of the fathers made a serious verbal threat towards me. They seem to think we are in the country and they can do what they want, however their right to ride these ATV's---doesn't that intrude my right that 200-300 feet away, inside my home with all of my doors and windows closed it's SO loud that I can't sleep, I can't have any peace or quiet of any kind. I can never open my windows with nice weather because their racing back and forth the exhaust fumes get onto our property and into my house. I am all for kids having fun, but when do I have the right to stop having their never ending, loud and obnoxious noises forced upon me with NO ending? It's causing health issues because of lack of sleep. It's causing me lack of work because I can't record (I'm a recording engineer) in my own home. I have $150,000 in equipment I just can't use.

I have nothing against ATV's in general or those that ride them, but these "neighbors" only care about causing a ruckus and having fun---they have NO consideration or care about how that is affecting others. I've heard a few neighbors on another street say it's not a big deal, well they aren't the ones living my my house being forced to hear this back and forth back and forth, in front of my house, to the side of my house, RACING and noises so loud that pictures have fallen off of my wall.

The following users liked this post:
Jamie31670 (06-02-2024)