Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

mud/water/snow in a v-force or other sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mud/water/snow in a v-force or other sport quad?

i have a kawasaki v-force 700 and i am very happy with it, however, i need to know what if anything i need to do to prepare it for mud, water, and snow riding. my quad was a very expensive investment and i want it to last, but i also want to use it in a variety of terrains. what will mud/water/snow do to a quad, what will break, what will wear out faster, what can i do to protect it?
thanks ahead for your responses

Old 11-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

It is one of the best "mudding" 2WD quads you can get. So much torque and ground clearance. Not sure about water and snow though. I guess I will find out in a couple weeks.

Old 11-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't worry about the snow too much, as long as you can park it in a heated garage or some other place to melt the snow off of it and keep it from freezing into ice. When I lived in NY I rode my 160 through snow all the time and never had any problems as long as I parked it in the garage after I got done riding it. Unfortunately one time I made the mistake of leaving it parked in the shed at night and the snow turned into ice and chain ended up freezing and the rubber boots on the tie-rod joints cracked.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

as far as being parked in a heted area we dont worry about it...brakes freeze up though so we have to deal with that. umm the chain on the tb never frooze up but then again you wont have to worry about a chain.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider

I have always just made sure the quad thaw's out after the ride and check it over for anything broken or that froze up on the trail. I have had no trouble with quads because of the mud/snow/water I ride on here in Colorado. I always give them a good bath when I get home.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Grease the bike after every ride (and WD-40 the entire bike before each ride,,,,Nothing ever has a chance to really stick),,,,,and if you ride in any salt,,,,be sure to spray the bike down after every ride.

Be sure to keep a sharp maintenance schedule (pre-trip inspection included(every trip)

It would be great to store the quad in a temp controlled environment also

Old 11-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

the best mud/snow/water quad in my optinion is acutallyt he blaster.. cuz its very light.. and w/ a good set of tires is the key, sur tracks/ realtors etc. friend had a blaster and had sur tracks on it 22'' and it would go some places a 4x4 coudltn go.. never got it stuck had it in about a foot of mud up to the pegs and water up to the bottom of the seat and it would keep on goin. had the tires almost submerged in mud and it woiuld just keep clawin awya.. but tires are the key in snow go w /realtors and turn them backwards.. and u should be ok.. just keep up the speed on hte Kaw or it will sink

Old 11-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks a lot for the tips about snowriding...really appreciate it, but are there any tips for muddin?

Old 11-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

Keep on the throttle with your weight towards the back and ROOST anyone behind you. The V throws some serious mud.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

for muddin.. make sure you know how deep the mud is... and if it is hardon the botom. ne drop offs. etc... but when u get to the mud hole just give it all shes got you kinda want to keep the front end on top of it.. if you get it barried to far down.. you are SOL.. if the front end goes down. its likle hittin a wall.. just keep that in mind.. helps sometime. if u put ur right goot on the grab bar to ride a wheelie kind of in int.

Quick Reply: mud/water/snow in a v-force or other sport quad?