Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

New Sport Quad For Me???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2000, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just put in a full day of riding and soul searching. I rode my 85 ATC250R 3-wheeler this morning and was thinking "how can I give up this light, flickable feeling on a new machine?" When I came back for lunch I was pretty much gonna start looking for a 250R four wheeler to build. After lunch I took my wife's Banshee out for a spin and really evaluated it objectively. I am a bigger guy (6'1" and 210lbs) so the size and weight of the Banshee are pretty good for me. It is a little more work to 'flick', but it ain't too bad, and the power is awesome. I am thinking about a Banshee with good shocks and control arms to make a perfect machine for me. It is easy to knock a Banshee because the magazines do. I think all but a pro level rider could live with the stock geometry and aftermarket suspension. I'm sure a lighter rider would be intimidated by the power(my wife is a snowmobile racer from wayback, so she thinks it is slow. She is only a dune cruiser, so what does she know anyhow?) but maybe my extra pounds mellows it out. Bottom line, test ride everything you can and then make a decision based on how, where, and why you ride.

Old 07-17-2000, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

get a suzuki lt250r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got one there awsome why did they stop making this awsome atv and the trx250r??anybody know??

Old 07-21-2000, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

iwana,
They (Honda, Kawasaki & Suzuki) got sued by ****s who thought they would be cool if they bought a fast bike and then could not handle it. Guess what, they got hurt or killed riding a machine they could not control. Well some lawyer saw $$$$$ in it so a bunch of lawsuits were filed and the sport atv's tried to die. Honda quit production of the "dangerous" 250r. Kawasaki dropped the tecate like a hot potato with maggots. Suzuki stopped production of everything even associated with sport atvs. Suzuki is still laying awake at night in a pool of urine thinking about getting sued (they still don't make anything sporty). So Iwana400ex go get a bike you can handle and ride like the wind, but don't sue the manufacturer when you can't avoid eating tree bark or something else really beautiful.
Any questions?