Plastic: Maier
Engine|Drive System
Displacement: 416
Carburetor: stock/unknown?
Air Filter|Box: modded
Pipe|Silencer: TC racing supertrapp
Cooling: Air shrouds
Other:250r hood scoop, black maier fuel tank plastic, Burgard stem clamp

Just got the fox floats, Next on the list..... front BEADLOCKS!!

Now lets smoke some utility!!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After you get a few rides on the floats you do do a write up. Hows the ex running, glad you kept it? Its looking sharp!
Be nice to the utility guys, they cant help it that they are slow....

Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Loud and strong! Going to be a great bike, thanks. Ill have to.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
After you get a few rides on the floats you do do a write up. Hows the ex running, glad you kept it? Its looking sharp!
Be nice to the utility guys, they cant help it that they are slow....
I, SOOOOO want to see you in the mudholes in Claremont...

I do admit throwing around the lightweights is a lot of fun. Extracting them all day from headlight deep holes is not. I understand there was a hill you couldn't get up last week. This can't be true!!! Or, is it?

Old 09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Take me to that hill!!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I, SOOOOO want to see you in the mudholes in Claremont...

I do admit throwing around the lightweights is a lot of fun. Extracting them all day from headlight deep holes is not. I understand there was a hill you couldn't get up last week. This can't be true!!! Or, is it?
Yes and no.... The rock garden hill climb had a 2.5' step up. I had to pick the rear end up to make it. Tried the right side of the trail, no go. Then tried the left side, got the front end over. Just could not get the rear up and over. However beergut and I made it to the top before the rest of the group did and they went the easy way around .
Now lets put this in context.... I have about 5" ground clearance on the swinger and rolling on 20" tires. Now beergut who was behind me has a new can am on 30" tires and he had no problem. Also the guy way behind bg and I rolled his 4x4 on that trail then turned around....

Edit, Iam going there on sat. Feel to come along. I'll even hook your winch up to a tree when you get stuck on that trail...

Attached Thumbnails My Machine (The UTE Smoker)-pisag2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yes and no.... The rock garden hill climb had a 2.5' step up. I had to pick the rear end up to make it. Tried the right side of the trail, no go. Then tried the left side, got the front end over. Just could not get the rear up and over. However beergut and I made it to the top before the rest of the group did and they went the easy way around .
Now lets put this in context.... I have about 5" ground clearance on the swinger and rolling on 20" tires. Now beergut who was behind me has a new can am on 30" tires and he had no problem. Also the guy way behind bg and I rolled his 4x4 on that trail then turned around....

Edit, Iam going there on sat. Feel to come along. I'll even hook your winch up to a tree when you get stuck on that trail...
Other than waist deep snow I've been stuck only one time with a big utility 4x4. I was waiting for the last person in our group to catch up and didn't notice that the others went around a particular mudhole in Maine. I got into and the left headlight on the X2 was under water and there was at least a foot and a half of mud under that. Only time I've needed to use the winch or get pulled out.

I did like that I could pick up the rear end of the Lakota to get it out of the mud but I'd rather be able to get through it in the first place.

Not sure if anything is up next Saturday. If I can I'll make it.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Machine (The UTE Smoker)

lol- the only thing you'll be smoking is the oil as it blows by your spent rings and out the pipe as you're wiping the burning rubber from my ute tires off your goggles

the 400ex was so cute trying to keep up-

the outty takes the trophy home every time

-

Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to be honest- when I heard bob tell jgar there's no way you'd get that 400ex up that washed out trail- and then jgar, without a second thought just started heading up that trail... the only reason I followed behind him was to help him get un stuck- but he surprised the crap out of me when he pretty much blasted up that washed-out trail and only got hung up on a small cliff- by the time I put my camera down he was already on his way- and we still beat the guys who went the east way

I didn't even have to put the outty in 4x4- the 30" SB's just walked right up.
I could tell that was a proud moment for jgar- he shoved it right in the naysayers faces and rightfully so

Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut

lol- the only thing you'll be smoking is the oil as it blows by your spent rings and out the pipe as you're wiping the burning rubber from my ute tires off your goggles
-

My bike happens to be running like a champ!! And it will for the next..... couple years.... hopefully...

One of these days i'm going to set this guy straight...

Quick Reply: My Machine (The UTE Smoker)