Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Which Quads

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Quads

Originally posted by: maddog56
pxman, i sigh and now feel sorry for you. I have raced more z's than i can count on my stock raptor. The only one that has ever beaten me had a 440 kit, but the rest of them were stock or had minor changes done to them. I have done this on ashphalt, sand, hillclimbs, and the like. I believe that you may be sore that your stock quad cant beat any other stock 400cc + quad aside from the 400ex. The point of this post is to help this man make a purchase. Therefore, in light of the amount of money this man will be spending, it is our job to give him ACCURATE information. I challenge you to make these statements in the suzuki forum. You will not recieve unillateral support. It is possible you ran into a rider on a raptor who cannot beat you, this is somewhat common. If you were to switch quads, you would see that stock vs stock, you would have won on the raptor. Please dont make this matter into a flame, we can discuss this without going off the handle.
Ok, i understand not wanting to make this a big fight, i feel the same way. Im not saying that the Z can whip a raptor, what i am saying is the Z/KFX can keep right up with it in the dirt, (which is where atv's are made to ride). and i think it Does an awesome job at keeping up beings it is a 400. so i consider them equall in my book, because i dont see where the raptor is any faster.(Note) I dont Own iether one.But where i ride i see them race all the time, what ill say is the raptor has more bottum end to it, but the Z has a good RPM build up and can catch up if you know what your doing. and a giving the Raptor has 262cc over top the Z, and that is more than a 50% larger displacement, yet the Z still holds its own, and the Cost difference is Rediculus.

Old 03-31-2003, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Quads

my cousin's 97 blaster, bored 30 over with a pipe can keep up with the raptor through the raptor's second gear, but that doesnt make them equal. When the race is more than 100 feet long, the raptor simply pulls away, regardless of the terrain. I raced ice this winter, and no z400 could keep up with my still stock raptor. i have no engine or perfomance mods, just a front sprocket change. The z is an excellent quad. It is easily superior to the ex, but it beats out the ex about the same as a raptor beats it. The new predator can reportedly finish neck and neck or better with raptors and ds 650's, and it only has 500cc's. Now that is a displacement question you can talk about. A z with a slip on pipe is about equal to a stock raptor, give or take a few exceptions.

Old 03-31-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which Quads

Originally posted by: maddog56
my cousin's 97 blaster, bored 30 over with a pipe can keep up with the raptor through the raptor's second gear, but that doesnt make them equal. When the race is more than 100 feet long, the raptor simply pulls away, regardless of the terrain. I raced ice this winter, and no z400 could keep up with my still stock raptor. i have no engine or perfomance mods, just a front sprocket change. The z is an excellent quad. It is easily superior to the ex, but it beats out the ex about the same as a raptor beats it. The new predator can reportedly finish neck and neck or better with raptors and ds 650's, and it only has 500cc's. Now that is a displacement question you can talk about. A z with a slip on pipe is about equal to a stock raptor, give or take a few exceptions.
No Doubt that the Raptor is an Awesome Quad, i just think that for being a 660cc machine with dual Cams and 5 valve as well as Liquid Cooling, that it should be more Powerfull than it is. But i have seen them Rip where i ride , and Rip is exactly what they do.But ive seen the Z Rip as well, and all the reces between the two of them that i saw, they ended up Even. Now as for the Predator, thats an Entirely new ball game there, That Quad Hauls in a way that no other Four stroke can. Especially for a 500.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which Quads

Z400 VS Raptor. Both are great quads, just comes down to the rider. Want proof? Here it is!
http://atving.freeservers.com/shootout.htm Thats the first thing that I've read that makes sense in this topic.

Old 04-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which Quads

Id get the Suzuki combo....i have the z400 and the LT50 for my 4 yrs...no problems with either of em...they both run great! BTW...ive ridin my friends raptor...to me...it felt like it had a LOT more power on the bottom end. But...i didnt like the ride quality/handleing at all. Jus depends on wacha like [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]