Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

WHO MAKES THE BEST POWER KIT FOR THE ZILLA

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHO MAKES THE BEST POWER KIT FOR THE ZILLA

hello:
just read your post and got me excited. i have a place in north conway . but live on cape cod. i have a 88 zilla and am looking to do a top end on .
what head do you suggest for more performance, i read the stock one is like 6,5 to one ratio.

i ride with 4 banshee`s so i have to hold my own here

thanks

Old 08-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

No2StrokeBs, did you finish your project, yet? I've been out of the loop for a while and want to see the finished product.

Old 08-13-2003, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Sadly, no, all the bad weather we have been having has totally screwed my free time. I am hoping to send my engine off to be build by the end of Aug as almost every builder is backed up about 2 months. I have bolted a few more things to it and Ill post some new pics of it soon.

Old 08-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am running a keihin 39 carb from Duncan racing and it seems to bog only at the very top of the throttle and I dont know enough about carbs to know where to start. The plug is not fouling and is brownish black after riding. Any suggestions would be helpful.

1988 LT500 NEW CYLINDER,POWER HEAD,CASE SLEEVES ON CRANK(DO NOT USE TUDORS PERFORMANCE FOR THIS THEY PUT A WHOLE IN MY CASE),PYRAMID REEDS,39MM CARB,CHROME PTR PIPE, FATBOY2 SILENCER,K@N AIR FILTER WITH DUNCAN RACING ADAPTER,DOUGLAS RED LABEL,HOLE SHOTS ON FRONT,REALTORS ON REAR,WORKS SHOCK ALL AROUND AND OUTERWEARS, WITH LOTS OF POLISH EVERY WHERE.

Old 08-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

I am @ 900 ft altitude, using a 180 main jet.

That's where I would start with yours, pull the main jet & see whats in there. Since its bogging at the top get 2 or three jets incrementally smaller than the one you have. (ie !80, 175, 170) Then put one size smaller in at a time until it cleans up.

Old 08-17-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: No2StrokeBs
Are u still running the stock carb?? If so I would highly suggest upgrading to a 39 or a 41.5 as the stock carbs on the Zilla are a b!tch to jet, and I have also heard that the PT pipe can cause a lean condtion if not jetted exactly right.

About the LRD, sorry, but I cant part with it, but I think there is one for sale in the classified section on here, they guy is asking like $500, seems high, but if I didnt have one, I would spend the money in a second on it after seeing how it compares to other in-frames.

And concerning if a top end pipe will slow you down? the answer is NO!, I have always thought the Zilla to have more than ample low and mid range power, and why all the hype on a pipe that can improve on this is beyond me, what the Zilla needs is about a thousand more RPMs to play with. Kinda like people downing Banshees because they dont have any low end. What does low end matter in a drag race when u are dropping the hammer at 5K+, in this situation the engine never sees low or even mid range. Not saying that drag racing and top end is the be all end all of the quad world, its just the be all end all in my quad world.
-----------------------
thats how my world is too.........whoever comes out first on that half-mile road......thats why i put three teeth on my front sprocket. i could beat 400's (stock) in 4th gear.