Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KFX or Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX or Z

Which one of these is the better of the two? I know they are basicly the same, but are there many differences? I was thinking of getting rid of my warrior but didn't know which one to get.

Old 08-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX or Z

They are the EXACT same except with different colored plastics!!

Old 08-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX or Z

They aren't just basically the same there exactly the same. The only difference at all is the color of the plastic. It's kind of dissapointing in way if you ask me and now the new sport Artic Cat is here and it's the same too although it does have a differnent plastic design. The z and kfx have the same everything after all the two companies have merged together now. I think there made at the same factories but I might be wrong. So the choice is which brand would you rather say you owned. I know a lot of guys have had either kawasakis's or suzuki's in the past and they would rather own that brand just for sentimental reasons. Some may have had a problem with one or the other in the past and even though they're both exactly the same they wouldn't get one or the other because of the problems they might have had in the past. Also you might like yellow or white for the z400 or you might like classic kawasaki green or the cool orange color. Personally I like my bright yellow z but I really did think the orange kfx's were really nice when they came out. If you want to be different get the new artic cat400 it's the same motor and frame and everything but it does have a totally different plastic design. I think it has removable fenders and stuff.

Old 08-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX or Z

z has 5 more chain links

Old 08-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Range Rover
Default KFX or Z

Just choose a color you like...Yellow, white, or green...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX or Z

go for the z it looks better and they are the SAME!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX or Z

Like everyone said, its a difference of color. Take your pick. One piece of advice, I have a white Z (never liked yellow) anyway, the white looks great on the showroom but after riding a while, really shows the scratches. If I was buying again, I'd probably go with the Kawi green or even look at the AC.

Old 08-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX or Z

Dpends on which dealer will give the lowest price and most free stuff. I was a die hard kawasaki fan, but our kaw dealer up here wanted $200 more and no free perks, like a helmet, so suzuki it was.

And ultimate, I'm origanally from Wichita, it's kind of nice to see someone from KS on here.

Old 08-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX or Z

z has 5 more chain links
I heard it was the KFX....

The KFX has that removable black plastic piece on it, looks kinda cool.

I have a white Z, kinda regret it. When its clean, its a beaut, but when dirty.... What I found worked great for to get the white clean again was scrubbing the plastic with bleack on a scrub brush. For the scuffs, I hear 1000 grit sand paper works great.

I heard the Kawi frames hold up better, I guess in the Suzuki plants, their welding isnt as good. But then I hear theyre made in the same plant.... I dunno what to believe, I dont think youll have much of an advantage with the KFX over the Z, go with what you like the looks of.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:24 AM
Range Rover
Default KFX or Z

There are no more chainlinks fon the Z and there is NO difference between the Z and KFX except the color and the black plastic piece that cuts glare off the headlight. For that reason, I chose the KFX. In my area, several Kawi dealers are offering better prices on the Kawi's. They have also been a harder sale, here. Money talks...................