Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z250 speed??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z250 speed??

Underpants for riding in the yard just go for the Z250 and have fun on it, we bought our Z250's for riding in the yard and we couldnt be more happy, They are perfect bikes for the money but not the greatest, for riding in the yard you dont really need the fastest bike out there, or the best suspension out there.
Just get something and have fun riding.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Range Rover
Default z250 speed??

Originally posted by: MBrooks420
And your post about people an thier stupid advice was all warm and fuzzy, right? You aren't recruiting for Suzuki. Don't take it personal. Give out the info you have and let him decide which atv is best suited for his needs. Works steeler shocks aren't all that. You can get Ohlins or Elka's on A Blaster. You simply cannot mod the Z-250 dollar per hp like the Blaster. With a manual any routine maintanence on a Blaster is simple. And you learn somehting that you can take to your next bike. The Blaster may not be the best bike for him to start on. Maybe it would be. It all depends on what he wants. Underpantsnomes, you need to list all of the things you want from an atv, and the things you don't want. What do you expect from it? How long do you plan to keep it? What kind of performance do you expect?
I want a nice smaller size quad with not a ton of power (so i dont die) iwant one with decent suspension, pretty good speed, good looking,probably manual clutch like the more control,good handeling,good acceleration, 1 that a 14 5 4 105lb person can handle, good for trails,cheap and has little/no problems.
I want to have it for aleast 3 years, and im probably going to be modding it alot

Got any more questions jus ask

Old 09-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default z250 speed??

You know it always amazes me that someone will post a thread and by the time it gets to the second page it always turns into a blow out of opinions that aren't even relavent to the original question at hand. It is hard to believe for some of us but there actually are people out there who don't care about speed, racing, hill climbs, wheelies, dune shreading, jumping, and any thing else that usually requires perfomance. Some people just enjoy riding at thier level and want a good simple machine that doesn't require alought of thinking.
People save the performance advice for those that ask for it, and chewbacca you earlier stated the 250ex is slower and bla bla bla. I have rode both-they are very close in comparison so get your facts straight!

Old 09-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default z250 speed??

I thought I made it understandable that I was just joking around in that post about "people and there stupid advice". If not then I am sorry. I mean I dont like to be one who has enemys and I was just trying to help the kid out and I didnt take it to all the performance statements and that is why I said people and there stupid advice because the topic started drifting to which quads were better and all that. I was just speaking my mind to him about how the Z250 would be a great starter bike because I had a very good I dea on what he was looking for because that is what my situation with my Z had been and everything worked out excellent.

Mbrooks please calm down. No harm intended on my part and I can see how I sounded a little biased but that was not the intention so...

Old 09-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Range Rover
Default z250 speed??

this kid up my street has a 50cc dirt bike (idk what kind, but its yellow)and he thinks he goes so fast on it and i wanna kick his *** will either kick his ***

Old 09-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default z250 speed??

Yeah, unless it's fully raced out. Some of those kiddie bikes haul. How often will you be riding with other bikes? If you think you want a manual then the usual suspects are 300Ex, Blaster, and the Mojave. The Mojave has reverse, but is a kickstart like the Blaster. The Mojave has some mods available, so it can expand as your skill does. Its a little heavier than the Blaster, and maybe a little bigger but not much.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default z250 speed??

Underpantsnomes3, A blaster would be better for you if you are going to be racing other people. If you could handle the maintenance then it would be a very nice starter bike. In all honesty I did not even know about the Z250 even being made when I was looking for a quad. I had my mind set on the blaster. Then my gramps just went out and bought me the Z and that is what I got but I was not going to sit and complain. so Maybe the Blaster would be better, I just know that the Z worked for me but maybe the Blaster or 300ex would work better for you. It does suck having to look for the few parts that are made for the Z and while looking for those a person tends to realize that there isnt anything on a blaster that cant be modded.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Range Rover
Default z250 speed??

Originally posted by: GTFZ250
Underpantsnomes3, A blaster would be better for you if you are going to be racing other people. If you could handle the maintenance then it would be a very nice starter bike. In all honesty I did not even know about the Z250 even being made when I was looking for a quad. I had my mind set on the blaster. Then my gramps just went out and bought me the Z and that is what I got but I was not going to sit and complain. so Maybe the Blaster would be better, I just know that the Z worked for me but maybe the Blaster or 300ex would work better for you. It does suck having to look for the few parts that are made for the Z and while looking for those a person tends to realize that there isnt anything on a blaster that cant be modded.
Ya im thining im getting the blaster

Old 09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default z250 speed??

Glad you have come to a decision. Just make sure you also talk all the options out with your parents because maybe they would have some nice input also. I think you will be happy with whatever you decide to get because it is your first quad and you dont have any expectations for the quad to live up to.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Range Rover
Default z250 speed??

Thanks