Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KING QUAD EVALUATION

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004 | 07:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default KING QUAD EVALUATION

On pavement mine will not come up in high range unless I give her a big tug. In low range I have no problem.

Old 11-06-2004 | 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Question...

I owned a gsxr that had a "feature" of retarding the timing in 1st gear so you wouldn't scrape the rear fender. Is there something on the KQ that does a similar job???

From what I am hearing the KQ will lose from the first 10mph. That can easily be fixed I would think? no?

Old 11-06-2004 | 08:01 PM
Range Rover

One thing i notice today, when i hit deep water fast the belt would get wet and start to slip. Scared me at first, then it did it a few more times. Gonna have to check the cover.

Old 11-06-2004 | 11:21 PM
Range Rover

Yes, i beleive it is a factory detune. Hopfully hte PowerComander can wake it up by taking out this detune. until then i've kinda switch my sights and am leaning towards a brute force with a 65/35 split.

Old 11-06-2004 | 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

My observation since this debate about the KQ vrs BF has been going on is that the v-twin if tuned right will pull away from the one lunger every time, if the right rider is on it. There is no replacement for displacement and as far as I am concerned 2 wins out against one every time in the lung battle. Cause when it comes right down to it is an air pump battle. I have not been on either but would have to say the KQ would be best for overall ride and enjoyment. Different people buy different kinds of wheelers for different reasons but it sure makes me wonder when you see all the posts on the forums about how fast will this one or that one go. From everything I have read the BF out of the box is definitly the fastest by far. I have heard different stories about handling abilites of both these units. Am and a true beleiver that the rider can make more of a difference than the machines adjustable settings. I guess if you want the wheeler for pure power then you better get one of the biggest and baddest on the market. But I like the idea of a little less weight and better trail manners. I hardly ever exceed 60 clicks on the trails we ride

just my 2 cents

Old 11-07-2004 | 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

You need new 4x4 trails then, cause we are always doing 80+mph on our trails[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004 | 12:28 AM
Range Rover

If your Eiger does 80+ that's 30+ more than my Eiger. With a mod or so I have no doubt my Brute would do that but [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004 | 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

That was my trail cruise'n speed we go more like 250 to 275mph when we get on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004 | 01:55 AM
Range Rover

Mine will pull a wheelie in high or low....in low it really throws you back quick though. It does seem to get stronger with time, each trip out you feel it getting a little more dialed in...I've not had it backfire but one time when I got off the gas real quick to avoid an obsticale...she had a mild "pop"... but thats been it. The hesitation seems to be just at the lower end like from 0-4mph.... from 5 or 6 up..it pulls hard! Your going 45 to 50 in a instant. I've got my shocks turned up to the third setting ...wonder if that is the difference for some of you? It squats a lot on the lower setting, maybe preventing the wheelie effect? Don't know...it for sure shines the best in the handleing area! Jumps and lands so nicely! I'm having a blast with this thing!

Old 11-07-2004 | 12:40 PM
Range Rover

275mph is that all the machine must really be a pooch About the KQ eval maybe you guys are a little smaller than me too I mean I weigh 260 and on asphalt with no tire spin at all could not even get it to think about coming up in high or low, rolling or from a dead stop. Don't get me wrong it is a great handling machine with great features and is probably more than enough power for most people, but just didn't give me any thrill or auxilaration whatsoever in the raw power category. My BF after riding 40 miles on it yesterday keeps growing on me. It's nearing it's 3rd day of ownership and is already needing it's first service :/[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KING QUAD EVALUATION