Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Humm.................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...genameZWDVWQQxZ17QQyZ8</end quote></div>

LOL... $25 is a steal. That will probably go for $200 before its over. A pile of guys will jump on at the last second and bid it up. The seller should make out pretty well.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 270quadsportguy

went back to no big bore .020 over no smoking but havent rode cuz im goin to miss my power i had[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

why?</end quote></div>

I think it coz he cant find the rings for his big bore. He would have to buy another kit. I would contact wiseco and demand they make me a set of rings or sell me something that could be cut down to work, lol.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

nah i found rings just tired of waiting for them, im going to use big bore on my new motor, i have abused mine and wanted to have a spare engine incase of problems. my bigger big bore has cracked sleeve so pretty much junk to me. so i did that to get me by......its 31 degrees outside and i dont have a heated garage, so had to do something. im going to breakin this topend like i stole it since the bigbore got broken in easy and smoked! now im not even smoking on startup. My rings i ordered are gapless from total seal. I think the sales reps are retards but hopefully they send me the correct ones or ill be pissed

Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Its 29 here,,, Its not supposed to be this cold this soon this far down south! This is like January weather. Sounds about right for OH though, lol.

Right, you need rpms to seat the rings on break in. I wouldn't really consider just the addition of a cam anything to have to break in, just make sure to keep the revs up so the oil pump pumps the oil up there.

Let me know the part number to those rings if they work. I'm gonna upgrade one of these days.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Everybody must be so busy workin on their quadsports they have no time to post anymore [img]i/expressions/clock.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll be having some new pics up soon... Stay tuned. [img]i/expressions/camera.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to my world!! Those that can't do it,,,,, PAY!!![img][/img]

Malhombre $3000 (he says)

BigMc probably bout the same

Me, bout 2k, in reciepts, god knows how much it truly is.....

Stopped asking why, or how much a long time ago.. It's an illness I tell ya![img][/img]</end quote></div>

mmm... maybe a little more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
pound for pound, i figure it's still a pretty good deal.

sickness? who, me?
i can stop any time i want to! [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Everybody must be so busy workin on their quadsports they have no time to post anymore [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

I'll be having some new pics up soon... Stay tuned. [img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

I got tired of working on and planning and staring at it and came off my last grave shift friday morning for my crew break got 3 hours sleep and loaded it up and went 50 miles to a state park/resevoir and rode for about 4 1/2 straight. Never had one issue. All the bolts and nuts stayed where they were supposed to and just had a blast. Of course today is the fun part cleaning the wheeler, cleaning air filter/re-oiling it, changing oil, rechecking everything etc etc. I had a lot of kids staring at it while I was down there, I thinking they have never seen a quad over 2 years old, especially one that moves out, I was catching soom pretty good air in places (my first time actually getting the quads 4 wheels off the ground) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

4 1/2 straight after only 3 hrs sleep... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You must be in your 20's... After 2 hrs I need a week's rest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Sounds fun though, all I've been doing is sanding and polyurethaning. Its turning out so good though that a friend decided to change his 250ex from yellow to metallic blue... er... he decided that I should do it and he would help, lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And to make matters worse, his plastic has those recesses with the warning labels riveted in. So, we drilled the rivets out and bondoed the recesses up. And he had a big crack in the front that I put a fiberglass patch under... We'll see if that holds.

Anyway, I'm gonna see if I can get mine together and get some pics up before the day is up.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

4 1/2 straight after only 3 hrs sleep... [IMG][/IMG] You must be in your 20's... After 2 hrs I need a week's rest. [IMG][/IMG]

Sounds fun though, all I've been doing is sanding and polyurethaning. Its turning out so good though that a friend decided to change his 250ex from yellow to metallic blue... er... he decided that I should do it and he would help, lol. [IMG][/IMG] And to make matters worse, his plastic has those recesses with the warning labels riveted in. So, we drilled the rivets out and bondoed the recesses up. And he had a big crack in the front that I put a fiberglass patch under... We'll see if that holds.

Anyway, I'm gonna see if I can get mine together and get some pics up before the day is up.</end quote></div>

Please do I will be very interested in seeing how it turns out. I wish I was back in my 20's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] 34 and not getting any younger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gforce, what are you using for a shifter lever?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.