Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 270quadsportguy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Neutral is hard to find anyway, even when properly fundtioning, but it sounds like your clutch may not be releasing all the way. Try adjusting the cable so the lever pulls more on the clutch cable. Also, what kind of oil do you use? You should use the older oils like SF or SG. Last time I at walmart, I saw some SF for 1.24 a qt.

New oils are no good for the clutches.</end quote></div>

124 a qt? musta been a while since u been to walmart, but they have a 5qt jug of oil they sell 4 8.00. been using it in my quad for a while. netural is a lil hard to find with factory shifter but a shifter without linkage is a lil easier</end quote></div>

A couple weeks ago.... I posted it on here that night, so whenever that was.... Accel brand. The only stuff in the whole store that is SF (except for the expensive motorcycle oil a few aisles over... ). It says right on the bottle "SF Quality for model years 1988 and earlier". The SuperTech in the blue bottles is SH, SJ, SL, SM... Not good for engines with wet clutches.... Which is about 100% of ATV's. I used to use the Super Tech stuff coz it was cheap, but I did notice a bit more clutch slip right after using that oil.

Edit: I found the receipt. 2/7/08 at 6:32pm. $1.24 a qt. I got 14 bottles. Its 10W-40.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What would you do?

http://www.reuters.com/article.../idUSN2137360620080221

Hard to believe 25yrs is right. You really can't blame the guy TOO much.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

This one's kinda funny... "Drunk driver parks at police station" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] http://www.reuters.com/article.../idUSN2139418520080221

Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

Chicago,Bostn,Europe,......Beastie Boys,Garth,Kenny Rogers, AC/DC, Cinderella,Alice Cooper,Ted Nugent (Cat Scratch Fever) oh yeah. Music is the ryhthm of life. [img][/img]q]Originally posted by: PoolGod230

OH, Sorry man. I guess I get carried away sometime.

Im a fan of music. All music. Country, rock, rap, new age, pop. If it has a good beat and/or a message, Ill listen to it.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I'm with ya. I love to see the cashiers face ringing up, Black Flag, The Vandals, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, NWA, Rage against the Machine, ***** Nelson, Johnny Cash, and to REALLY throw em, George Michael "Faith", I am quite secure in my manhood..[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div></end quote></div>

We'v done this before, haven't we? That or my Deja Vu is acting up again!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Focus PG focus.........Awe, screw it! http://www.break.com/index/bal...rfect-girlfriends.html

Old 02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dunno. To many case's of beer ago I guess.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Chicago,Bostn,Europe,......Beastie Boys,Garth,Kenny Rogers, AC/DC, Cinderella,Alice Cooper,Ted Nugent (Cat Scratch Fever) oh yeah. Music is the ryhthm of life. [IMG][/IMG]q]Originally posted by: PoolGod230

OH, Sorry man. I guess I get carried away sometime.

Im a fan of music. All music. Country, rock, rap, new age, pop. If it has a good beat and/or a message, Ill listen to it.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I'm with ya. I love to see the cashiers face ringing up, Black Flag, The Vandals, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, NWA, Rage against the Machine, ***** Nelson, Johnny Cash, and to REALLY throw em, George Michael "Faith", I am quite secure in my manhood..[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div></end quote></div>

We'v done this before, haven't we? That or my Deja Vu is acting up again!</end quote></div>

Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

I for one, can't wait to see what 4xjeep comes up with! I thought malhombre was the ultimate..........

Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Come on Bri! I see ya peeking! Jump in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

I GOT ROBBED. two days ago my place got robbed while I was at the shop. I did not call the cops due to who I thought it was and there age(first floor daughter) today I am home late morning when I usually am not and I was sleepin in, I heard a noise at the back door and got up. I walked into the kitchen and when my floor squeeked i heard an object drop and someone start hhuallin *** down the stairs. I raced to the door and down the stairs ready to kill. by the time I got to the bottom, nothin and the bottom outside door never opened. I turned around and punched the first floor door until I got an answer. I asked the mom who just ran into her house and she said noone. she also said her daughter was in foster. I then went to the second floor and met the 16 year old kid in the hallway. He said that he heard running down the stairs but saw nothing. I went upstairs and found the knife they were triing to get in with. the mother comes home and I asked her to come upstairs for a chat. I told her all that had happened and about a few days earlier what I was missing. she was in dissbelief at first. when I showed her the knife I knew by her reaction it was her sons. she said she would find out and I told her she had til the morning before I cal the police. she came back with the kid and he is saying he thinks he knows who it is and was going to get my ****. I had a hard time following this bullshit without just beatin the kid. I figure I am gonna let him think he is scott free and after I get my stuff I am gonna call the cops to teach the ***** a lesson.

Hey big mc I haven't forgotten about you just been a bit ROBBED lately.

Randy, I still have a stock bore on this top end.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

"holy ballerina batman" thats a stretch

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.