Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

focus on what??????? I like flexable......

Again ill say, you aint right PG. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Focus PG focus.........Awe, screw it! http://www.break.com/index/bal...rfect-girlfriends.html</end quote></div></end quote></div>

I ain't right... but Damn!, I sure am a legend in my own mind! Now if I could convince other folks...........................

Bri, I dunno man, makes you wanna kill folks, I know, if I were you, i would get the pigs involved NOW! My Sis is/was a cop(homeland security now), her ex hubby is a cop.. Get em on the trail while it is warm! Hopefully the losers will learn their lesson and you will get your stuff

Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Range Rover

well if i did not know who it was, i would get them on the warm trail, but I all ready know and have the mothers admitance that it was the boy and/or his so called friends. Plus until the wife and I buy a house and land the end of this summer I gotsta live upstairs from them. and they just moved in, I dont even know if they are psycho's or not yet.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

not to jump back a bit, but in reference to randy's post about the bank thing (a teller, mistaking the Woodlawn account for Lovell's personal account, told him that his account contained more than $5 million) my first question is how much trouble is the teller and/or the bank in. POOR LUCK, I would not know what I'd do in his shoes.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

ouch! look what i did
file:///home/tigger/Desktop/shop%20pictures/fender%20break.JPG
file:///home/tigger/Desktop/shop%20pictures/my%20fender%20break.JPG
darned frozen weather

Old 02-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

sorry supposed to have pics there did not work. I took a large chunk out of the rear plastic fender. well I guess when I am done with my piston I will be fixing that break smooth and trying to get the other to match. Boy I have had a crappy week other then the biz doin good.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: defconatv

well, went to suzuki for my stator today, and of course it was the wrong one! I swear, I am never going to be able to ride my quad in the snow. If my quad is running, it won't snow, the second something happens and it needs servicing, it snows!

So the stator was an aftermarket from moose, which was the totaly wrong one. I'm not quite sure what the guy was thinking. Anyone have a moose stator? It says on the web site, a single source coil for ignition which fits on the oem base plate. Which I'm guessing means it's only the ignition coil! I need the lighting coil (i think), and probaly the pickup.

Here's what happened:

riding for an hour no problems. riding for another hour next day, quad shuts off after back firing. Find out theres no spark. Pull off magneto cover, and the lighting coil is like a birds nest! When I fixed the cover from the chain off syndrome I didn't know u had to loctite the 3 nuts that hold the base plate on. They came loose and the stator went bye bye. The primary looked ok (had a ding on magnet), and so does the pickup. The lighting coil was totaly broken off and stuck to the flywheel (magneticly stuck, so I tossed it). It seems there is only 1 wire to the lighting coil.

So, slow me figured I might be able to make the whole thing work w/o buying new parts. I don't have lights or a battery so why do I need a lighting coil? But what to do with that wire that was going to the coil? I tried grounding it to the base plate, but that didn't work. I tried leaving it hang in the middle not touching anything, that didn't work. So after all that I ended up ruining my new gasket, and shifter seal.

So, either it won't create spark without the lighting coil and the primary coil, or my pickup, or primary coil are trash too. The guy in suzuki's service told me that when something like that happens it usually takes the pickup with it, even if it looks fine.

So now my options are order the entire stator for $290 at suzuki, or $206 online. Or buy the parts seperately online, lighting coil $37, Primary $56, Pickup $36. And use my old baseplate, which means I have to de solder, and re solder, and pray.

So more than likely I will be waiting til next paycheck and get the whole stator assembly online and not mess around. Depending of course, on what you guys say. I mean, if I don't need the lighting coil til I get lights, and maybe my primary is ok, I can just spend $36 on the pickup and be in business. I don't know.

Can anyone help? Theres 3-4 inches of snow and my quad is in the garage, bummer.</end quote></div>

I ordered the moose one not knowing what I'd get in the mail, but was going to replace both coils anyway, so I didnt really care. It was $40 or $60, can't remember for sure. So, when I got it in the mail, it was just a coil in a plastic bag. I threw it on the shelf and ordered the lighting coil to go along with it. I had to order the lighting coil OEM. So, it took me a month or so to finally get my stator redone. Then I put it in backwards somehow. I had no spark. I noticed the instructions said to switch the wires if it didnt work before calling tech support. I did that and it worked. The total cost was $40+$60+SH. I think they both came from bikebandit.com

I gave you the specs for all the coils a couple days ago. Use an ohm meter to check them out. I think I remember having the soldering gun out, but dont remember it being too big of a deal. My biggest thing was the wires got switched.... Like it said would happen in the instructions.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Clean_salvaged_BRI

yes i do know how you felt now PG. I got the wifes mac back and 50 bucks from the beer and booze. I am still waiting for some stuff, and the decision on involving police. I feel I should, this ***** invaded my space and probably dissturbed all my animals.</end quote></div>

Back about 15 yrs ago, I let this guy from work stay a couple days with me coz he didn't really have anywhere else to go. I was trying to be a nice guy. Anyway, one night I didn't come home and I had locked the door. The guy came by that night and broke in. He made dinner, got a shower, fed the cat, took my socks n underwear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] , cd's n radio, forged my name on a bill of sale for my 750 honda and split. I came home and found the door open and all... Not hard to figure out who did it, but I couldn't prove anything. The cops said I was SOL. So,,, me n some guys from work went around town,,, barely missing the guy at all the bars,,, we were as close as 10 min behind him sometimes., but never did catch him. A few days go by n I get a phone call from the sheriff. He wants to meet me somewhere to go get my bike back. Cool! Apparently, dingle berry pawned my bike for $100 and used the bill of sale with my fake siggy. But the cool part is he was picked up for another crime and had the pawn ticket in his pocket at the time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Why is it criminals are never very bright? I guess if they were, they wouldn't be criminals.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

i actually got to go road ride in snow, went 65 miles was a blast

Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Road ride... The quad on the road? 65 MILES??? How much snow?

Old 02-23-2008, 03:50 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anybody home?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.