Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

i live near youngstown which is bout ??? ah who knows, went with a dude with a brand new cam am, and believe it or not his speedo was broken. 2 tanks of gas and a liter of crown!!! bet we went 100 mi that day

Old 02-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Oh ok, youngstown. I've been there before. Liter of crown.... Been there too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Man, when thing dies down, it REALLY dies huh?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
still way sick, sorry.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Now you see just how important you are to the rest of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The flu is a b!tch. My "flu" is me welding n welding n welding on this digger I bought. I have to check out of life for a week to get the thing welded up. I've been staring at welding arcs so long, I see them when I close my eyes to sleep. I've gone through 25lbs of wire so far, and I'm planning another trip to the store for another spool and a new lens. I'd rather do 10 sets of a-arms than to ever go thru this again.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Talk about "some assembly required"..... 25lbs of wire? I have more than half of the spool that came with the welder![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

when you dig your pond, remember, structure, structure.... Different depths everywhere, big rocks, little rocks, gravel, sand, dead trees etc all make for healthy fish.. And if it is not going to be fed by a yearround creek, which I doubt in drought land... A pump and fountain for aeration.. Email me with specs and I can hook you up with what you need..

This is about all the typing I can muster, back to quarantine.. I try to check back later

Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks, that sounds like good advice. Actually, I was thinking about making a,,, oh,,, 30-50ft around pond for now (just to get some fish in there and get started) and then expand it later as I get more time. The size, more or less, depends on how well the digger works out. I have a feeling it does more deep than it does level.

I did have a lot of questions, like how to keep it from stagnating n that? The area floods every december and stays that way until summer sometime. Then its dry as a bone, but has cattails n that and looks a little weird. I dont know where the water comes from, but there's a creek that appears from a pipe under the road every winter. I looked across the road and don't see a continuation of the creek or any reason for all that water. Right now its at least 1ft deep for about 600ft and plenty wide enough to ride my bayou all up n down the 600ft. But when spring rolls around, the water will get so stinky that I wont go near it. I was hoping the fish would somehow keep the water cleaner.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

The only fish that will survive stagnate water are carp (yuck) and catfish (cause they can gulp air) but they will only last so long... That is why I say all different size rocks and sand in the water with a pump to draw the water down thru it (filter) then it returns back to the pond, up thru some kind of fountain head to oxygenate the water.

The addition of fish to a body of water without some type of circulation/filtration natural or man made, will accelerate the stagnation.. every thing poops right?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Makes sense.... But how do ponds manage to be ok w/o that stuff? My buddy down the road has a little pond with bluegill (brim) and catfish. I went fishin there last summer and caught dinner. (wasn't as good as I remember in Ohio though, so I haven't been back). His water doesn't stink... A little brown, but not stinky. Its just a big hole in the ground and a bunch of water. They lazy over there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Another buddy caught a bigass catfish outta there right before dark. I gave it to the cats,,, they wouldn't have any part of it. About 5 cats turned their noses up to the catfish. I even tried cooking it and they still wouldn't eat it! I think I ended up burning it in the campfire that night with the rest of the fish heads n guts.

Anyway, do they have anything solar powered to run the pumps n that? I'd need about 500ft+ of extension cord to get down there.

I'm working on an email with pics to explain the situation a little better.

Oh, you'll have to add fishing and pond construction to your siggy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Makes sense.... But how do ponds manage to be ok w/o that stuff? My buddy down the road has a little pond with bluegill (brim) and catfish. I went fishin there last summer and caught dinner. (wasn't as good as I remember in Ohio though, so I haven't been back). His water doesn't stink... A little brown, but not stinky. Its just a big hole in the ground and a bunch of water. They lazy over there. [img][/img] Another buddy caught a bigass catfish outta there right before dark. I gave it to the cats,,, they wouldn't have any part of it. About 5 cats turned their noses up to the catfish. I even tried cooking it and they still wouldn't eat it! I think I ended up burning it in the campfire that night with the rest of the fish heads n guts.

Anyway, do they have anything solar powered to run the pumps n that? I'd need about 500ft+ of extension cord to get down there.

I'm working on an email with pics to explain the situation a little better.

Oh, you'll have to add fishing and pond construction to your siggy. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Usually a hole in the ground with no creek is into a natural spring or deep enough that it interacts with the water table.. either/or, would help keep the water semi clean.... There are solar powered pumps, but it is in its infancy, very expensive as well. A little windmill driven pump on a lil pond would probably be sufficiant.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

decent illiustration http://www.infinitepower.org/pdf/FactSheet-13.pdf

Instead of an up and down pump, put a cork screw in a pipe with holes at the bottom, water will move up the corkscrew and out the spout, even at very slow speeds. I am quite sure you could figure out the exact gearing to make it happen as efficiantly as possible![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And I am sure you would have a blast welding it up!

If I am not mistaken, most of todays residential snowblowers have a plastic composite corkscrew that would probably do the trick. put that inside a 4-6in PVC pipe, what ever fits best, rig up some gears up top.... Hum...?

Though metal everything would be easier to find, I don't like the rust factor!

I am gonna crawl back to bed now...

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.