Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Ok Randy thank you, ill let it out some when im reinstalling my motor, but, im not sure how much i should let it out though

Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Cool, but at this point in my "career", I am gonna stick to suspension mods, and make 'em pretty!![IMG][/IMG] Motor work cost my dumbass to much $, blood, sweat and tears! I'll pay the pros from now on......</end quote></div>

Your engine is still good??? You just need new plastics n ****, right?</end quote></div>

Probably not much is good on it! Burned a good 10 min almost upside down, front tires stuck in sand, running (should have installed a kill switch!)before anyone could get there with an fire extingisher.. Tires helped fuel the fire, warped the rims, torched the tank. I Wonder why it didn't explode??</end quote></div>

My LT4WD is the same way, only it had an electric fuel pump that didn't shut off until all the gas was burned. It burned for hours I was told. All the plastic stuff is junk. All the aluminum stuff is in good shape though. The gas tank just had a hole burned in it. Tires are still good.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AsaSpades

Ok Randy thank you, ill let it out some when im reinstalling my motor, but, im not sure how much i should let it out though</end quote></div>

Just put it at TDC. Then loosen the lockbolt one turn. Then tighten it back and ride. It should be set. If the chain is still loose and slapping making noise, you need a new chain and/or guides.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, also is there anyway to stop my stock Lt230 from smoking, I kno theses are like made 2 smoke cuz of the excess oil getting into the exhaust, but how can i stop this, without draining my wallet. I was thinking some chemicals for stopping smoke by sealing the valves, and piston from autozone, but im not sure

Old 05-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Gforce.... Oh ****! Sorry man... I was hoping you'd get a new rod with me... Vince warned me about this about a year ago. These rods are just too small to hang these large pistons on them and especially so when they aren't balanced. Then a stage 2 cam that loves rpm just fuels the urge to blow it up.

I'm surprised this hasn't been happening more and sooner. Every 230 rod I've seen is junk. Loose on both ends!</end quote></div>

Yep I should have known better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I think I'm going to part it out and put the funds towards a newer quad. really it's just been one thing after another, steering stem snapping, magneto screws coming loose and busting everthing up, oil never stops leaking cause of past CCOS that no matter what I put on it still leaks, and now the rod breaks. no matter how much lock tite I put on bolts etc I lose brackets and bolts all the time....just getting old I want to ride it's the only quad I have and it was just down for 5 months.

Plus the wife is just sick of me pumping tons of money into it and now I really can't justify to her any more.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes, all 230 owners should have a 2nd quad, lol. These things spend more time in the shop than on the trail. Of course, it has to be engineered/reengineered properly to have high expectations. Everybody is calling me nuts for wanting to balance my crank, but all my brackets were vibrating off too. I had ALL my motor mounts loose last yr. It sounded like my rod was knocking! I'm not even considering bolting a big bore kit in without a new rod and a balancing job anymore.... Especially after seeing 2 cases with rod holes punched in them.

One of these days the 450 prices should be coming down. I'm eyeing one of those for my next quad.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yep....take it from me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] don't even think about putting that big bore kit in w/o the beefier rod and balanced crank. Btw I believe you asked in a ealier post if it vibrated, the answer is no....if anything it felt smoother then pre-big bore.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Smoother??? Hmmm.... Not what I would have guessed.

Are you going to take it apart n see what broke and maybe try to figure out how?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah it suprised me to....I figured it would shake the quad apart but was pleasantly smooth. Not tonight...I had to take the truck out in the field and pick it up and take it back to the garage and I just don't want to mess with it for atleast one night, it's been non-stop.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Oh yeah, I was just wondering IF... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.